Part III — Aerodromes, Airports and Heliports (continued)
- SOR/2007-87, s. 4
Subpart 2 — Airports (continued)
- SOR/2007-87, s. 6
Division IV — Airport Winter Maintenance (continued)
- SOR/2007-290, s. 10
(2) Sections 302.410 to 302.419 apply in respect of an airport if
(a) aeroplanes at the airport are operated in an air transport service under Subpart 4 or 5 of Part VII; or
(b) aeroplanes at the airport are operated in an air transport service under Subpart 3 of Part VII and the operator of the airport has decided to comply with those sections instead of sections 302.406 and 302.407.
302.403 The operator of an airport referred to in paragraph 302.402(2)(b) shall
(a) provide the Minister, at least 60 days before implementing a decision to comply with sections 302.410 to 302.419 instead of sections 302.406 and 302.407, with notice in writing of that decision;
(b) provide the Minister, at least 60 days before implementing a decision to resume complying with sections 302.406 and 302.407, with notice in writing of that decision; and
(c) notify the air operators that use the airport, and the air navigation services provider, of any change in the level of service provided at the airport as a result of a decision referred to in paragraph (a) or (b).
Winter Maintenance Measures
(a) consult a representative sample of the air operators that use the airport about the intended level of winter maintenance and keep a record of the consultations;
(b) provide the aeronautical information publications provider with information, for publication in the Canada Flight Supplement, about the level of winter maintenance; and
(c) include information in the airport operations manual about the level of winter maintenance.
(2) The operator of the airport shall use AMSCRs to report the surface conditions of all movement areas, and shall forward the AMSCRs to the air navigation services provider.
Ice Control Chemicals and Sand
(2) The operator of the airport shall remove sand from movement areas, with the exception of gravel runways, as soon as
Airport Winter Maintenance Plan
(2) The operator of the airport shall review its airport winter maintenance plan at least once a year as well as each time the operator does not clear a priority area in accordance with the plan.
(3) If the operator of the airport determines, as a result of a review, that its airport winter maintenance plan should be amended, the operator shall consult a representative sample of the air operators that use the airport before amending the plan.
(4) The operator of the airport shall keep at the airport
302.411 An airport winter maintenance plan shall include
(a) procedures for identifying which airside areas are priority 1 areas, priority 2 areas or priority 3 areas during winter storm conditions;
(b) a description of the winter maintenance operations to be carried out in an airside area once it is identified as a priority 1 area, priority 2 area or priority 3 area;
(c) communication procedures that meet the requirements of subsection 322.411(2) of the Airport Standards — Airport Winter Maintenance;
(d) procedures for publishing a NOTAM in the event of winter conditions that might be hazardous to aircraft operations or affect the use of movement areas and facilities used to provide services relating to aeronautics;
(e) safety procedures for controlling the flow of ground vehicles during winter maintenance operations to ensure the safety of persons, vehicles and aircraft;
(f) procedures for minimizing the risk of ice control chemicals — other than the ice control chemicals specified in subsection 322.415(1) of the Airport Standards — Airport Winter Maintenance — being tracked onto an airside area;
(g) a description of the lines of authority and organizational relationships with respect to winter maintenance, including contact names and telephone numbers;
(h) a description of how actions undertaken as part of winter maintenance will be coordinated;
(i) a description of the arrangements for snow clearance;
(j) a description of the process for reviewing and amending the plan;
(k) a description of the administrative procedure for distributing the plan and its amendments; and
(l) a list of all agreements respecting the provision of winter maintenance services for navigation aids at the airport, and signed copies of those agreements.
Removal of Contaminants from Priority Areas
(2) If the operator of the airport does not remove contaminants from a priority area in accordance with its airport winter maintenance plan, the operator shall make a record of that fact and the surrounding circumstances.
(3) The operator of the airport shall keep the record for two years after the day on which the operator was required to remove the contaminants.
Snow Accumulation on or Adjacent to Threshold Areas
302.413 The operator of an airport shall prevent snow that has accumulated on or adjacent to threshold areas from interfering with the operation of aeroplanes by clearing and banking the snow in a manner that meets or exceeds the specifications set out in section 322.413 of the Airport Standards — Airport Winter Maintenance.
- Date modified: