PART IXSanitation (continued)
(2) The exhaust system for a personal service room containing a toilet or shower may be connected with the exhaust duct of another room at the exhaust fan inlet if the system is connected in such a manner that an exchange of air cannot occur between the rooms.
- SOR/88-632, s. 39
9.43 Clothing storage facilities shall be provided by the employer for the storage of overcoats and outer clothes not worn by employees while they are working.
(2) Where wet or contaminated work clothing referred to in paragraph (1)(b) is changed, it shall be stored in such a manner that it does not come in contact with clothing that is not wet or contaminated.
(3) No employee shall leave the work place wearing clothing contaminated by a hazardous substance.
(4) Every employer shall supply drying and cleaning facilities for the purpose of drying or cleaning wet or contaminated clothing referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
(5) In each change room,
- SOR/88-68, s. 14
- SOR/88-632, s. 40(F)
- SOR/94-263, s. 28(F)
- SOR/2002-208, ss. 42, 43(F)
9.45 If feasible, the clothing storage facilities referred to in section 9.43 and the change room referred to in section 9.44 shall be located
(a) near the work place and connected thereto by a completely covered route;
(b) on a direct route to the entrance to the work place;
(c) near a shower room provided pursuant to section 9.23; and
(d) near a toilet room.
- SOR/2019-246, s. 51(E)
- Date modified: