11. The Board shall arrange for a Mining Engineer of the Department or the Regional Geologist or both to visit each assisted prospector in the field and provide supervision and technical assistance to each such prospector.
12. The Chairman of the Board, the appropriate Regional Mining Engineer and the appropriate Regional Geologist constitute a Review Committee in their respective territories and shall
(a) review all statements of expenditures, diaries or other information submitted by each assisted prospector as evidence of his prospecting activities;
(b) recommend reimbursement to any assisted prospector at the end of the prospecting season if such reimbursement, in its opinion, is necessary; and
(c) maintain records of all payments to prospectors made in each fiscal year and all statements of expenditures together with supporting invoices and documents.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSISTANCE
13. Each assisted prospector shall
(a) spend not less than 60 days prospecting within the area described in his application for assistance during the fiscal year for which he applied for assistance;
(b) keep a daily diary of his activities in a form prescribed by the Director;
(c) keep sketches and maps showing mineral occurrences, location of trenches and drill holes and any other type of field work performed within the area prospected by him; and
(d) submit to the appropriate Review Committee at the end of the prospecting season the diary, sketches and maps described in paragraphs (b) and (c) and a statement of expenditures in the form set out in Schedule II, together with supporting invoices and other documents.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
14. (1) It shall be a condition of every grant of assistance to a prospector under this Order that if he fails to comply with paragraph 13(a), any advance of moneys received by him pursuant to paragraph 10(a) shall, subject to subsection (2), be repaid by him to Her Majesty.
(2) If the Committee is satisfied that 60 days prospecting could not be completed by an assisted prospector owing to reasons beyond his control, the Committee may approve the retention by the prospector of any amount already paid to him and the payment of such further amount as the Committee may deem fit.
- Date modified: