Prospector’s Assistance Terms and Conditions Order
APPROPRIATION ACT NO. 1, 1979-80
Order Respecting Terms and Conditions for the Providing of Assistance to Prospectors in the Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories
P.C. 1981-341 1981-02-12
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development, is pleased hereby to revoke the Prospectors’ Assistance Regulations, C.R.C., c. 338 and pursuant to Vote 35 of Appropriation Act No. 1, 1979-80Footnote *, to make the annexed Order respecting terms and conditions for the providing of assistance to prospectors in the Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories, effective April 1, 1981.
Return to footnote *S.C. 1979, c. 2
1. This Order may be cited as the Prospector’s Assistance Terms and Conditions Order.
2. In this Order,
- “assisted prospector”
“assisted prospector” means a prospector to whom assistance is provided under this Order; (prospecteur subventionné)
(a) in relation to matters pertaining to assistance to prospectors prospecting or intending to prospect in the Yukon Territory, the Prospectors’ Assistance Board established under section 6, and
(b) in relation to matters pertaining to assistance to prospectors prospecting or intending to prospect in the Northwest Territories, the Prospectors’ Assistance Board established under section 7; (Commission)
“Director” means the Director of the Northern Non-Renewable Resources Branch of the Department; (Directeur)
“Department” means the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development; (ministère)
- “field work”
“field work” means the work performed in the search for occurrences of mineral deposits other than placer; ((travail sur le terrain))
- “fiscal year”
“fiscal year” means the period beginning on and including the 1st day of April in any year and ending on and including the 31st day of March in the year following. (exercice financier)
3. This Order applies only to prospectors prospecting or intending to prospect in the Yukon Territory or the Northwest Territories.
APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANCE
4. (1) Every prospector requesting financial assistance under this Order, shall, prior to June 1 of the fiscal year for which he is requesting assistance, submit to the Mining Recorder for the area in which he intends to prospect
(a) an application in the form set out in Schedule I containing the information required by that form; and
(b) a sketch map of the area or areas in which the applicant intends to prospect.
(2) Each Mining Recorder shall forward all applications submitted to him pursuant to subsection (1) to the Board with his recommendations.
5. No prospector under the age of 21 years is eligible for assistance under this Order unless he intends to carry out field work in the company of an experienced prospector who is 21 years of age or older.
- Date modified: