Notice to Withdraw Meters from Service
17. A notice referred to in subsection 22(1) of the Act shall
(a) state the grounds on which the withdrawal is believed to be necessary,
(b) be dated,
(c) be signed by the director, and
(d) be sent by registered mail to the latest known principal place of business of the owner of the meter
and a copy of the notice shall be published forthwith in the Canada Gazette.
PART IVVERIFICATION AND REVERIFICATION
18. The director shall establish and make available on request the specifications for the manner and circumstances in which meters of any class, type or design are to be tested, verified, sealed, reverified or resealed, and for the manner and circumstances in which any such meters are to be stamped, restamped, labelled, relabelled, tagged, retagged or otherwise marked.
- SOR/87-212, s. 2;
- SOR/95-532, s. 3.
19. The director is authorized to establish plans for the verification and reverification of meters of any class, type or design, or in any circumstances, by statistical means on the basis of sampling.
- SOR/95-532, s. 3(F).
20. A notice referred to in subsection 12(2) of the Act shall be sent, by registered mail, to such persons as are considered likely to be directly affected by the reverification referred to in the notice at least 180 days prior to the earliest date on which any meter to which the notice applies will be required to be reverified and a copy of the notice shall be published forthwith in the Canada Gazette.
21. (1) A certificate issued pursuant to section 14 of the Act in respect of a meter shall be numbered for identification and shall contain the following particulars:
(a) the address or location at which the meter was verified or reverified;
(b) the date of the verification or reverification;
(c) the identification numbers of the meter;
(d) the name of the manufacturer of the meter;
(e) the class, type or design of the meter;
(f) the identification numbers of all measuring apparatus used in verifying or reverifying the meter;
(g) the name and address of the owner of the meter;
(h) the errors, if any, of the meter at all points tested;
(i) the name, in block letters, and the signature of the person issuing the certificate;
(j) whether the person signing the certificate is an inspector, an accredited meter verifier or a person, referred to in paragraph 10(a) of the Act, acting on behalf of an accredited meter verifier and, in the case of a person acting on behalf of an accredited meter verifier, the name of the accredited meter verifier on whose behalf that person is acting; and
(k) in the case of a gas meter, whether it is converting or non-converting for temperature or pressure, or both.
(2) Where the verification or reverification of a meter has been done by statistical means on the basis of sampling, the certificate issued pursuant to section 14 of the Act shall include, in addition to the information required by subsection (1), an identification or listing of
(a) the parent group or lot; and
(b) the meters tested.
- SOR/95-532, s. 3.
- Date modified: