6. (1) The cubic metre and the cubic foot referred to in subparagraph 3(1)(b)(i) of the Act shall be determined at standard pressure and at standard temperature.
(2) The British Thermal Unit referred to in subparagraph 3(1)(b)(ii) of the Act shall be defined as the quantity of energy that must be added to one pound avoirdupois of distilled water to raise its temperature from 60°F to 61°F under standard pressure and is represented in these Regulations by the symbol “Btu(60.5)".
- SOR/95-532, s. 3(E).
7. A measuring apparatus that is required for measurement of electricity or gas or examination of meters shall be calibrated in the following manner:
(a) by testing its accuracy at points throughout the measuring range of the apparatus; and
(b) by tracing its accuracy at one or more points tested in accordance with paragraph (a) to reference standards kept by the National Research Council of Canada.
- SOR/89-317, s. 2;
- SOR/95-532, s. 3.
8. (1) For the purposes of section 5 of the Act, the calibration of a measuring apparatus referred to in section 7 shall be certified by the director on receipt of written particulars establishing
(a) that the apparatus has been calibrated in the manner prescribed in section 7;
(b) that the proposed manner of installation and use of the measuring apparatus is appropriate; and
(c) that no error at any of the points tested throughout the measuring range referred to in section 7 exceeds two per cent of the value or reading at that point indicated by the reference standard referred to in paragraph 7(b).
(2) A certificate issued pursuant to subsection (1) shall be valid
(a) only for use of the measuring apparatus within the measuring range referred to in section 7;
(b) only for the installation and use of the measuring apparatus as referred to in paragraph (1)(b); and
(c) in the case of a measuring apparatus set out in an item of column I of the table to this section, for the period set out in column II of that item.
Column I Column II Item Description of Measuring Apparatus Period of Validity of Certificate 1. Any electricity measuring apparatus 1 year 2. Any gas measuring apparatus 5 years
- SOR/2009-76, s. 2.
- Date modified: