9. (1) The register referred to in subsection 6(1) of the Act shall be maintained for the registration of contractors who hold a certificate of registration pursuant to subsection 6(2) of the Act and shall contain for each of the contractors the information referred to in subsection (2).
(2) A contractor who wishes to register under section 6 of the Act shall apply in writing for a certificate of registration and indicate whether the application concerns the supply of electricity or gas and such application shall contain
(a) the name of the contractor;
(b) the principal place of business of the contractor; and
(c) the geographical area in which the contractor intends to operate.
(3) The original of a certificate of registration shall be sent to the contractor who has applied therefor and a copy thereof shall be retained with the register.
(4) Where there is any change in the information provided by a contractor pursuant to subsection (2), the contractor shall forthwith inform the director in writing of any such change and shall return to the director the certificate of registration to which the change applies.
- SOR/95-532, s. 3.
10. For the purposes of subsection 6(3) of the Act, a notice referred to in that subsection shall be sent by registered mail, shall state the date on which the contractor ceased to sell electricity or gas on the basis of measurement and shall contain details as to the disposition or intended disposition of all meters owned, used or possessed by the contractor.
11. (1) In this section,
“owner” means an owner referred to in subsection 16(1) of the Act; (propriétaire)
- “owner’s records”
“owner’s records” means the records required to be kept by an owner pursuant to subsection 16(2) of the Act. (dossier)
(2) An owner’s records shall contain the following information and documentation if applicable for each verified or reverified meter in that owner’s use, namely,
(a) the type designation, serial number, rating and multiplier assigned by the manufacturer,
(b) the purchaser’s account number, name and address,
(c) the inspection number assigned by the contractor,
(d) the date of the meter’s latest reverification,
(e) the date of the meter’s initial verification or purchase,
(f) the applicable period referred to in section 12 of the Act within which the meter shall be submitted to reverification,
(g) the most recent certificate issued for the meter by an inspector or an accredited meter verifier,
(h) the parent group identification assigned by the owner,
(i) the meter’s current installation address,
(j) the date of the meter’s installation at its present location,
(k) in the case of an in-service unsealed meter, the date and nature of any maintenance work, and the date and results of any calibration,
(l) the date or dates on which the meter was leased, sold, scrapped, lost or otherwise disposed of, and
(m) for each billing period, the metering information used by the owner in establishing a charge,
and, in the case of a verified or reverified meter used in respect of gas, shall also contain the following information, namely,
(n) an indication whether the verified or reverified meter corrects for temperature or pressure, or both,
(o) the metric conversion factor used for the purpose of billing,
(p) the mean atmospheric pressure or the atmospheric pressure calculated, declared or measured, as the case may be, pursuant to section 36 or 37, and applied to measurement calculations,
(q) where the pressure exerted by the gas within the meter is maintained constant by the use of an approved regulating device, the pressure multiplier established for the meter pursuant to section 36, and
(r) where the average meter pressure exceeds the mean atmospheric pressure or the atmospheric pressure calculated, declared or measured, as the case may be, pursuant to section 36 or 37, by more than 3.5 kPa in the International system of units or 0.5 psi in the Imperial system of units,
(i) in the case of a non-pressure converting meter, the average meter pressure expressed on the gauge pressure scale for each billing period,
(ii) in the case of a non-temperature converting meter, the average flowing gas temperature for each billing period,
(iii) the average relative density, the average carbon dioxide content and the average nitrogen content of gas metered for each billing period,
(iv) the supercompressibility factor established pursuant to section 40 and the method of its determination for each billing period, and
(v) in the case of an orifice meter, the size of the orifice plates and the dimensions of the primary element components in the orifice meter.
(3) An owner’s records shall contain, in addition to the information referred to in subsection (2), the following information on a calendar year basis with respect to the verified or reverified meters in use by that owner:
(a) the total number of verified or reverified meters used to measure electricity or gas supplied
(i) to residential locations, and
(ii) to industrial or commercial locations; and
(b) a listing of the inspection numbers and types of verified or reverified meters due or overdue for reverification.
(4) Where an owner installs a gas metering installation or an electricity metering installation, the owner’s records shall contain, in addition to the information referred to in subsection (2) for each meter, the following information respecting the installation of the meters:
(a) details of any apparatus, wiring and piping that may affect the accuracy of the meters;
(b) the consumption on a calendar year basis of electricity or gas at that location; and
(c) in the case of an electricity metering installation, the overall multiplier.
(5) Where an owner has installed a gas metering installation or an electricity metering installation, that owner shall provide forthwith to the director the information contained in
(a) the records respecting the installed meters as referred to in
(i) paragraphs (2)(a) to (d),
(ii) paragraphs (2)(p) and (q), and
(iii) subparagraph (2)(r)(v); and
(b) the records respecting the installation as referred to in paragraphs (4)(a) and (c).
(6) Where an owner sells gas on the basis of energy units, the owner’s records shall contain the following information respecting the owner’s gas distribution system:
(a) details of the system, including the location of each point of supply of gas thereto;
(b) the method whereby the calorific power of the gas sold is determined; and
(c) the calorific power of the gas sold and the variation thereof.
(6.1) An owner’s records shall contain the following information respecting the determination of a supercompressibility factor:
(a) details of the system, including the location of each point of supply of gas; and
(b) the method by which the supercompressibility factor of the gas sold is determined.
(7) An owner shall retain the records containing the information referred to
(a) in subsection (2) for a period of at least 12 months after the date the meter ceased to be used;
(b) in subsection (3) for a period of at least 12 months after the expiration of the calendar year to which the records referred to in that subsection apply;
(c) in subsection (4) for a period of at least 12 months after the date the gas metering installation or electricity metering installation, as the case may be, ceased to be used; and
(d) in subsection (6) for a period of at least 12 months after the date the gas distribution system ceased to be used.
- SOR/89-317, s. 3(F);
- SOR/95-532, s. 3;
- SOR/2006-76, s. 1;
- SOR/2009-76, s. 3.
- Date modified: