Marginal note:Continuation of services
15.3 A body corporate with which an Authority has contracted for services under subsection 15(2) and the members and shareholders of the body corporate are prohibited from refusing to provide pilotage services while a contract for services is in effect or being negotiated.
- 1998, c. 10, s. 148.
Marginal note:Authority a Public Service corporation
Marginal note:Government Employees Compensation Act and Aeronautics Act
(2) Officers and employees of an Authority shall be deemed to be persons employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 16;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
17. (1) An Authority may make by-laws respecting the management of its internal affairs, including by-laws
(a) respecting the duties of its members, officers and employees;
(b) delegating to any person, either generally or with reference to any particular matter, all or any of
(i) the powers of the Chairperson of the Authority, and
(ii) the powers of the Authority, except the power to make a by-law or a regulation; and
(c) respecting the management and control of its property.
Marginal note:Copies made available
(2) An Authority shall supply a copy of any by-law of the Authority to any interested person who requests a copy.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 17;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 294(E).
OBJECTS AND POWERS
18. The objects of an Authority are to establish, operate, maintain and administer in the interests of safety an efficient pilotage service within the region set out in respect of the Authority in the schedule.
- 1970-71-72, c. 52, s. 12.
19. (1) An Authority may, for its use, purchase, lease or otherwise acquire
(a) land, buildings, wharves or other structures;
(b) pilot boats;
(c) radio and other communication equipment; and
(d) such other equipment, supplies and services as may be necessary for the operation of an efficient and economical pilotage service.
(2) An Authority may sell or lease any land, buildings, wharves, structures, pilot boats or equipment and supplies acquired pursuant to subsection (1).
- 1970-71-72, c. 52, s. 13.
- Date modified: