10. The Governor in Council may appoint one of the members, other than the Chairperson, of an Authority to be Vice-Chairperson.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 10;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 291(E).
11. On the expiration of the term of office of a member of an Authority, the member is eligible for reappointment in the same or another capacity.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 11;
- 1998, c. 10, s. 146.1.
Marginal note:Temporary substitute member
12. If a member of any Authority is unable at any time to perform the duties of office of the member by reason of absence or incapacity, the Governor in Council may, on such terms and conditions as the Governor in Council may prescribe, appoint a temporary substitute member.
- 1970-71-72, c. 52, s. 6.
13. (1) Where the Chairperson of an Authority serves full-time, the Chairperson has the direction and control of the business of the Authority and may exercise such powers as may be conferred on the Chairperson by by-law of the Authority.
(1.1) Where the Chairperson of an Authority serves part-time, the board appoints a chief executive officer who has the direction and control of the business of the Authority and who may exercise such powers as may be conferred on the chief executive officer by by-law of the Authority.
Marginal note:When Vice-Chairperson to act
(2) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson of an Authority, or if the office of Chairperson is vacant, the Vice-Chairperson, if any, of the Authority shall act as Chairperson.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 13;
- 1998, c. 10, s. 147;
- 2006, c. 9, ss. 292(E), 294(E).
14. (1) The Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson of an Authority shall be paid remuneration to be fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Members’ allowances
(2) A member, other than the Chairperson or Vice-Chairperson, of an Authority shall be paid a daily allowance to be fixed by the Governor in Council for each day that the member is engaged on the business of the Authority.
(3) Each member of an Authority is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and other expenses incurred by the member while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties under this Part.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 14;
- 2001, c. 26, s. 318;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 293(E).
- Date modified: