Marginal note:Pilotage Authorities established
3. (1) Each Pilotage Authority named in the schedule is hereby established as a body corporate consisting of a Chairperson and not more than six other members.
Marginal note:Appointment of Chairperson of Authority
(2) On the recommendation of the Minister and after consultation with members of the Authority and with the users of its services, the Governor in Council may appoint the Chairperson of an Authority to hold office during pleasure for the term that the Governor in Council considers appropriate.
Marginal note:Other members
(3) Each of the other members of an Authority shall be appointed by the Minister, with the approval of the Governor in Council, to hold office during pleasure for a term, not exceeding four years, that will ensure, as far as possible, the expiration in any one year of the terms of office of not more than one half of the members.
Marginal note:Full- or part-time
(3.1) The Chairperson and the Vice-Chairperson may be appointed to serve full-time or part-time.
Marginal note:Head office
(4) An Authority shall have its head office at the place named in respect of that Authority in the schedule.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 3;
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (4th Supp.), s. 44(E);
- 1998, c. 10, s. 145;
- 2006, c. 9, ss. 290, 294(E).
4. The Governor in Council may, by proclamation,
(a) extend the boundaries of any region set out in the schedule to include any Canadian waters not included in the schedule;
(b) change the name of an Authority;
(c) change the place of the head office of an Authority; and
(d) establish new Authorities and, in respect of any new Authority, prescribe the boundaries of its region and name the place at which the head office shall be situated and any new Authority shall be deemed to be an Authority established under subsection 3(1) and any such region shall be deemed to be a region set out in the schedule.
- 1970-71-72, c. 52, s. 3.
Marginal note:Great Lakes Pilotage Authority, Ltd.
5. The name “Great Lakes Pilotage Authority, Ltd.” is changed to “Great Lakes Pilotage Authority” and the Authority is deemed to have been established under subsection 3(1).
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 5;
- 1998, c. 10, s. 146.
6. to 8. [Repealed, 1998, c. 10, s. 146]
Marginal note:Not agent of Her Majesty
9. An Authority is not an agent of Her Majesty.
- 1970-71-72, c. 52, s. 5.
- Date modified: