Transfer of Powers
Marginal note:Transfer of powers
15. The Governor in Council may, by order, transfer to the Minister, in relation to the pipeline only, such of the powers, duties and functions of any member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada or any department or agency of the Government of Canada as are specified in the order.
- 1977-78, c. 20, s. 14.
Marginal note:Exercise of powers by departments and other agencies
16. The Minister may, to facilitate the exercise of such of the powers and the carrying out of such of the duties and functions of a member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada or any department or agency of the Government of Canada as are transferred to him, enter into an agreement with the member, department or agency whereby the member, department or agency will exercise the powers and carry out the duties and functions so transferred in a manner determined in the agreement.
- 1977-78, c. 20, s. 15.
Marginal note:No taxing authority transferred
17. No transfer of any power, duty or function under section 15 authorizes the Minister to levy a tax or impose a licence fee or other monetary charge greater than the tax, licence fee or other monetary charge set out in the Act or regulations referred to in the transfer.
- 1977-78, c. 20, s. 16.
Federal-Provincial Consultative Council
Marginal note:Council to be established
18. (1) For the purpose of carrying out the objects of this Act, the Governor in Council may establish a Federal-Provincial Consultative Council consisting of
(a) the Commissioner and a representative of Yukon named by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Legislature of Yukon; and
(b) one representative of each of the provinces of British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Alberta nominated by the Lieutenant Governor in Council of each of those provinces.
Marginal note:Meeting and objects
(2) The Council established under subsection (1) shall meet at least once every three months at such places in Canada as may be determined by the Council to consult on and to facilitate the coordination of the actions of the Agency, the governments of the provinces referred to in paragraph (1)(b), the government of Yukon and other governmental bodies in relation to the pipeline, and in particular with a view to ensuring a consistent approach in so far as is possible relating to the pipeline.
Marginal note:Committees of Council
(3) The Council established by subsection (1) may establish committees of the Council to advise it on such matters relating to the objects set out in subsection (2) as the Council refers to those committees.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 18;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 215.
Marginal note:Establishment and composition
19. (1) For the purpose of assisting the Minister in carrying out the objects of this Act, the Governor in Council shall establish and set the terms of reference of one or more advisory councils each consisting of not more than ten members to be selected from outside the federal public administration and appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office for such term as the Governor in Council may determine.
Marginal note:Yukon Advisory Council
(2) One of the advisory councils established under subsection (1) shall be the Yukon Advisory Council with members representative of areas and interests, including native interests, in Yukon.
(3) The Commissioner shall inform a council established under subsection (1) of the activities of the Agency relating to the terms of reference of the council and any such council may advise and make recommendations to the Commissioner respecting those activities.
Marginal note:Council members
(4) Each member of a council established under subsection (1) is entitled to be paid out of the funds appropriated for the Agency such fees as are fixed by the Governor in Council for attendance at meetings of the council.
(5) Each member of a council established under subsection (1) is entitled to be paid out of the funds appropriated for the Agency reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by him in connection with the performance of his duties under this Act while absent from his ordinary place of residence.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 19;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 216;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: