Marginal note:Designated officer‘s powers
7. (1) The designated officer may, in respect of the pipeline, exercise and perform any of the powers, duties and functions of the Board under the National Energy Board Act, except those under Part II, sections 47 to 54, 56 and 58, Part IV, section 74, and Parts VI, VIII and IX of that Act, that may be delegated to him or her by order of the Board.
Marginal note:Certification of documents
(2) The designated officer may, in respect of the pipeline, certify copies of
(a) the approved plan, profile and book of reference for the purpose of paragraph 31(d) of the National Energy Board Act; and
(b) any permit issued under subsection 41(2) of that Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 7;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 112.
Marginal note:National Energy Board
8. (1) Where a member of the Board is designated to be the Administrator or a deputy to the Administrator, the Governor in Council may appoint, on such terms and conditions as the Governor in Council may prescribe, a temporary substitute member of the Board in place of that member of the Board.
(2) [Repealed, 1993, c. 34, s. 97]
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 8;
- 1993, c. 34, s. 97.
Marginal note:Acting Commissioner or Administrator
9. (1) Subject to subsection (2), in the event of the absence or incapacity of the Commissioner or Administrator or if either office is vacant, the Governor in Council may designate a person to act as Commissioner or Administrator for the time being and the person so designated has all the powers, duties and functions of the Commissioner or Administrator, unless the Governor in Council specifies otherwise.
Marginal note:Acting designated officer
(2) Where the designated officer is absent or incapacitated, the Governor in Council may designate another member of the Board to act as the Administrator or as a deputy to the Administrator, as the case may be, and the person so designated has all the powers, duties and functions of the Administrator or that deputy including the powers, duties and functions of the Board that were delegated to the Administrator or that deputy, unless the Governor in Council specifies otherwise.
Marginal note:Residence and other requirements removed
(3) Subsections 3(5) and 4(3) of the National Energy Board Act do not apply to a member of the Board designated pursuant to subsection (2).
- 1977-78, c. 20, s. 8.
Marginal note:Powers of Minister
10. The Minister may
(a) exercise such of the powers and carry out such of the duties and functions, in relation to the pipeline only, of any member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada or any department or agency of the Government of Canada as are from time to time transferred to him by order of the Governor in Council;
(b) hold consultations with the governments of the provinces, Yukon and the Northwest Territories to coordinate and review the activities of the Agency and those governments in relation to the pipeline;
(c) enter into such agreements with the government of a province, or with the government of Yukon or the Northwest Territories after consultation with the Legislature of Yukon or the Commissioner in Council of the Northwest Territories, as may be necessary to facilitate the attainment of the objects of this Act and to provide for coordination and review of the activities of the Agency and those governments in relation to the pipeline;
(d) oversee and survey all aspects of the planning and construction of, and procurement for, the pipeline; and
(e) in order to carry out the obligations of Canada contained in the Agreement, consult with the appropriate authorities of the United States on any matter arising under the Agreement.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 10;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 214.
- Date modified: