PART IILicensing (continued)
Terms and Conditions of Licence (continued)
(2) [Repealed, SOR/2003-176, s. 8]
- SOR/97-203, s. 8
- SOR/2003-176, s. 8
(a) the waters of the Jacques-Cartier River referred to in item 41 of Schedule 6 that are between the Bird Dam at Pont-Rouge (46°44′55″N., 71°42′40″W.) and the bridge situated at the south entrance of the Valcartier military base (46°54′01″N., 71°30′40″W.); and
(b) the waters of the aux Rochers River referred to in item 89 of Schedule 6 that are between a straight line joining the point 50°01′05″N., 66°52′28″W. to the point 50°01′00″N., 66°52′20″W. and the downstream side of the bridge over the western branch of the river linking Port-Cartier-Ouest to Port-Cartier (Petit quai sector).
(2) The licences referred to in item 2 of Part 1 of Schedule 5 are also valid for fishing for species other than Atlantic salmon in salmon rivers during the Atlantic salmon fishing periods.
- SOR/2001-438, s. 5
- SOR/2004-64, s. 3(E)
- SOR/2008-322, s. 17
- SOR/2021-115, s. 7
PART IIISport Fishing
26 This Part applies in respect of sport fishing.
- SOR/99-264, s. 12
Fishing Method Restrictions
27 Subject to sections 28, 29, 31 and 42, no person shall engage in sport fishing to fish for or catch and retain a species of fish referred to in an item of Schedule 1 in waters referred to in that item using the gear or method referred to in that item during the close time set out for that item.
- SOR/93-118, s. 10
- SOR/98-218, s. 6
- SOR/99-264, s. 13
- SOR/2008-322, s. 18
28 No person shall engage in sport fishing, other than by angling, for
(a) Atlantic salmon and landlocked salmon;
(b) muskellunge and tiger muskellunge;
(c) lake trout and splake trout; or
- SOR/93-118, s. 11
- SOR/2008-322, s. 34
- SOR/2021-115, s. 8
29 (1) The holder of a licence referred to in item 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 5, or any person fishing under the authority of a licence referred to in that item, may fish for bait fish, by means of not more than one lift net or not more than three bait traps, in waters where the use of bait fish is permitted.
(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), the holder of the licence and any person fishing under the authority of the licence shall not use more than one lift net or more than three bait traps at any one time.
(3) No person shall use a bait trap referred to in subsection (1) that is not under the person’s immediate supervision unless the name, address and licence number of the licence holder are on the trap.
- SOR/93-118, s. 12
- SOR/99-264, s. 14
- SOR/2003-176, s. 9(F)
- SOR/2008-322, s. 19
(a) more than one line;
(b) a line that is not closely and constantly attended by the person;
(c) a line that is equipped with more than three hooks, except when fishing for rainbow smelt in Area 21, when fishing for any species of fish in Area 25 or when fishing for any species of fish in that part of the waters of Lake Saint-François located in Area 8 and west of a line drawn from Beaudette Point on the north shore to Saint-Louis Point on the south shore;
(d) a line that is equipped with more than four hooks in Area 25 or in that part of the waters of Lake Saint-François located west of a line drawn from Beaudette Point on the north shore to Saint-Louis Point on the south shore;
(e) in a salmon river during a period when Atlantic salmon fishing is permitted, a line with more than one single or double hook;
(f) in a salmon river during a period when Atlantic salmon fishing is not permitted, a line whose hook or combination of hooks has a total of more than three points; or
(g) in waters reserved for fly fishing, a line whose hook or combination of hooks has a total of more than three points.
(2) If the use of more than one line for angling is permitted, each line used by a person referred to in paragraph 5(3)(a), (b) or (c) is considered to be used by the holder of the licence.
(3) No person shall engage in angling and in fly fishing simultaneously.
- SOR/94-392, s. 6
- SOR/95-496, ss. 10 to 12
- SOR/97-203, s. 9
- SOR/99-264, s. 15
- SOR/2001-51, s. 10
- SOR/2003-176, s. 10
- SOR/2004-64, s. 4
- SOR/2005-269, s. 6
- SOR/2008-322, s. 20
- SOR/2021-115, s. 9
(2) Except as set out in Schedule 1, no person shall fish in the waters referred to in subsection (1) by means of an artificial fly that is
(3) No person engaged in fly fishing in a salmon river shall use
(4) No person engaged in fly fishing in waters reserved for fly fishing shall use more than two artificial flies.
- SOR/93-118, s. 13
- SOR/94-392, s. 7
- SOR/99-264, s. 16
- SOR/2008-322, s. 20
- SOR/2021-115, s. 10
32 Subject to section 29, no person who is engaged in sport fishing shall, for the purpose of landing a fish, use
(a) any net other than a landing net;
(b) a tailer that exceeds 2 m in length;
(c) a spring gaff; or
(d) in the case of Atlantic salmon, any gaff.
- SOR/2008-322, ss. 21, 34
Fishing Location Restrictions
(a) a bridge crossing a salmon river or an estuary thereof; or
(b) a motor boat in the waters of Saint-Jean River Wildlife Sanctuary or in that part of Matapédia-and-Patapédia-Rivers Wildlife Sanctuary between Causapscal River and the falls downstream from the Richard Salmon Pool situated near the boundary between Bonaventure and Matapédia counties.
(2) No person shall engage in sport fishing from a boat or from any other floating apparatus in the waters of the Sainte-Anne River wildlife sanctuary or of the Cap-Chat River, Dartmouth River, Matane River or Petit-Saguenay River controlled zones.
- SOR/93-118, s. 14
- SOR/94-392, s. 8
- SOR/2001-51, s. 11
- SOR/2008-322, s. 22(F)
- SOR/2021-115, s. 11(F)
- Date modified: