Marginal note:Principal office and local offices
17. The principal office is located in Ottawa and local offices are located in Calgary, Charlottetown, Edmonton, Fredericton, Halifax, Iqaluit, Montreal, Quebec City, Regina, Saint John, Saskatoon, St. John’s, Toronto, Vancouver, Whitehorse, Winnipeg and Yellowknife.
- SOR/2006-219, s. 1.
Marginal note:Requests and requisitions
18. A request or requisition to the Administrator under these Rules shall be made in Form 18.
Marginal note:Registry fees
19. A party shall pay to the Registry for a service or procedure set out in Tariff A the fees set out in that Tariff.
Marginal note:Sheriff's fees
20. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a sheriff is entitled to the fees for service and disbursements set out in Tariff A.
Marginal note:Modification by Court
(2) On motion, the Court may increase or decrease the fee payable to a sheriff on execution.
Marginal note:Books and records
21. The Administrator shall keep, in the National Capital Region, all books and records necessary for recording the proceedings of the Court and shall enter therein all orders, directions, foreign judgments ordered to be registered, pleadings and other documents filed in proceedings.
Marginal note:Caveat register
22. (1) The Administrator shall keep in the Registry a caveat register, in which all caveats, withdrawals of caveats and orders affecting caveats shall be entered.
Marginal note:Entry of caveat
(2) On the filing of a caveat under subsection 493(1), (2) or (3), the Administrator shall enter the caveat in the caveat register.
Marginal note:Court files
23. (1) The Administrator shall maintain a file in the National Capital Region in respect of every proceeding in the Court, in which shall be kept, stamped with the date and time of filing and bound permanently in the order of filing,
(a) every document filed under these Rules, an order of the Court or an Act of Parliament, other than affidavits or other material filed in support of a motion or as evidence at trial;
(b) all correspondence between a party and the Registry;
(c) all orders;
(d) copies of all writs issued in the proceeding; and
(e) such other documents relating to the proceeding as the Court may direct.
(2) An annex to the Court file shall be maintained in respect of every proceeding in the Court, in which shall be kept
(a) all affidavits;
(b) all exhibits; and
(c) all other documents and material in the custody of the Court or the Registry that are not required under subsection (1) to be kept in the Court file.
- Date modified: