ADMINISTRATION OF THE COURT
Officers of the Court
9. to 11. [Repealed, SOR/2004-283, s. 4]
Marginal note:Court registrars
12. (1) The Administrator shall arrange that there be in attendance at every sitting of the Court a duly qualified person to act as court registrar for the sitting, who shall, subject to the direction of the Court,
(a) make all arrangements necessary to conduct the sitting in an orderly, efficient and dignified manner;
(b) keep a record of every material event that transpires during the sitting;
(c) keep and be responsible for all books and records of the Court used at the sitting; and
(d) keep and be responsible for all exhibits filed during the sitting and mark them, record them and indicate by whom they were filed.
Marginal note:Other officers of the Court
(2) The Administrator shall arrange for the attendance at every sitting of the Court of all persons who are necessary for the proper conduct of the Court at the sitting.
- SOR/2002-417, s. 2.
Marginal note:Court seals
13. (1) The seal of each court — the Federal Court of Appeal and the Federal Court — shall be approved by its Chief Justice and shall be kept in the principal office.
Marginal note:Facsimiles of seal
(2) The Chief Justice of each court may authorize one or more facsimiles of the seal of their court to be kept at the Registry.
- SOR/2004-283, s. 5.
Marginal note:Registry functions
14. Registry functions may be performed by an officer of the Registry at any place and at any time.
15. [Repealed, SOR/2013-18, s. 1]
Marginal note:Recommendation boxes
16. To provide the public with an opportunity to make comments regarding the administration or rules of the Court, two small locked boxes — one for the Federal Court of Appeal and one for the Federal Court — shall be maintained in every office of the Registry, located and constructed so that members of the public can conveniently insert envelopes into them and identified by a sign indicating
(a) “RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FEDERAL COURT OF APPEAL” or “RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE FEDERAL COURT”, as the case may be;
(b) that recommendations are invited for amendments to the Federal Courts Rules and improvements in the administration of the Court; and
(c) that every recommendation will be sent unopened directly to the Chief Justice of the court in question.
- SOR/2004-283, s. 6.
- Date modified: