Requests for Information
9. (1) For the purposes of this section,
- “Canadian musical selection”
“Canadian musical selection” means a musical selection that meets the criteria set out in subsection 2.2(2); (pièce musicale canadienne)
“hit” has the meaning indicated on pages 19 to 22 of Public Notice CRTC 1986-248 of September 19, 1986 entitled Regulations Respecting Radio Broadcasting and published in the Canada Gazette Part I on October 4, 1986, as amended by page 23 of Public Notice CRTC 1990-111 of December 17, 1990 entitled An FM Policy for the Nineties and published in the Canada Gazette Part I on December 29, 1990. (grand succès)
(2) On or before November 30 of each year, a licensee shall submit to the Commission a statement of accounts, on the annual return of broadcasting licensee form, for the year ending on the previous August 31.
(3) At the request of the Commission, a licensee shall submit for any period specified by the Commission in its request
(a) the information required by the most recent Station Self-assessment Report form issued by the Commission; and
(b) a list of the musical selections in the order in which they are broadcast by the licensee during that period that includes the title and performer of each musical selection and a legend that identifies
(i) any Canadian musical selection,
(ii) any hit,
(iii) any instrumental selection,
(iv) any content category 3 musical selection, and
(v) the language of the musical selection, where the musical selection is not an instrumental selection.
(4) At the request of the Commission, a licensee shall respond to
(a) any complaint or request for resolution of a dispute filed by any person or any request for information regarding programming originated or distributed by the licensee or regarding the licensee’s technical operations, subscribership, financial affairs or ownership; and
(b) any request for information regarding the licensee’s adherence to the conditions of its licence, the Act, these Regulations, industry standards, practices or codes or any other self-regulatory mechanism of the industry.
- SOR/92-609, s. 2;
- SOR/2000-239, s. 3;
- SOR/2011-146, s. 4;
- SOR/2011-147, s. 2.
10. (1) For the purposes of this section, “affiliation agreement” means an agreement between one or more A.M. licensees, F.M. licensees or digital radio licensees and another party, according to which programs provided by the other party are to be broadcast by the licensee’s station at a predetermined time.
(2) An A.M. licensee, F.M. licensee or digital radio licensee shall not enter into an affiliation agreement with a person who is deemed to be a non-Canadian under section 3 of the Direction to the CRTC (Ineligibility of Non-Canadians).
- SOR/88-549, s. 3;
- SOR/2008-177, s. 5.
- Date modified: