R.S., c. P-21Privacy Act
Marginal note:2013, c. 14, s. 19
Northwest Territories Surface Rights Board
Office des droits de surface des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
Northwest Territories Water Board
Office des eaux des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
R.S., c. S-22Statutory Instruments Act
Marginal note:2002, c. 7, s. 236
(iv) a law made by the Legislature of Yukon, of the Northwest Territories or for Nunavut, a rule made by the Legislative Assembly of Yukon under section 16 of the Yukon Act, of the Northwest Territories under section 16 of the Northwest Territories Act or of Nunavut under section 21 of the Nunavut Act or any instrument issued, made or established under any such law or rule.
R.S., c. S-23Canada Student Loans Act
Marginal note:2002, c. 7, s. 113
(2) In its application to Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, the expression “lieutenant governor in council” in this Act means the Commissioner of Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, acting after consultation with the Legislative Assembly of Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, as the case may be.
R.S., c. T-7Territorial Lands Act
Marginal note:2002, c. 7, s. 240
(2) Sections 9 and 12 to 16 and paragraph 23(k) apply to territorial lands under the administration and control of the Commissioner of Nunavut.
Marginal note:2002, c. 7, s. 242
30. Section 6 of the Act is replaced by the following:
6. The Governor in Council may exercise the powers mentioned in sections 4 and 5 only after consultation with the Legislative Assembly of the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, as the case may be, or — if it considers that consultation to be impracticable — after consultation with each of the members of the relevant Legislative Assembly with whom consultation can be effected.
Marginal note:2002, c. 7, s. 243(1)
31. (1) Subsection 9(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
9. (1) In this section, the expressions “certificate of title” and “registrar” have the meanings assigned by any law of the Legislature of the Northwest Territories or for Nunavut, as the case may be, in respect of title to real property.
Marginal note:2002, c. 7, s. 243(2)
(2) Paragraph 9(3)(b) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(b) in the case of territorial lands described in subsection 3(2), by the Commissioner of Nunavut.
R.S., c. W-4Dominion Water Power Act
Marginal note:2002, c. 7, s. 161
« forces hydrauliques du Canada »
“Dominion water-powers” means any water-powers on public lands, or any other water-powers that are the property of Canada and have been or may be placed under the administration of the Minister, but does not include water-powers on lands under the administration and control of the Commissioner of Yukon or the Northwest Territories;
« terres domaniales »
“public lands” means lands belonging to Her Majesty in right of Canada and includes lands of which the Government of Canada has power to dispose but does not include lands under the administration and control of the Commissioner of Yukon or the Northwest Territories;
R.S., c. 3 (2nd Supp.)Divorce Act
(b) for the Northwest Territories, the member of the Executive Council of the Northwest Territories designated by the Commissioner of the Northwest Territories,
Marginal note:1997, c. 1, s. 9
34. Paragraph 20.1(1)(d) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(d) any member of the Legislative Assembly of the Northwest Territories, or any agency in the Northwest Territories, designated by the Commissioner of the Northwest Territories; or
R.S., c. 36 (2nd Supp.)Canada Petroleum Resources Act
Marginal note:1996, c. 31, s. 58; 1998, c. 15, par. 49(a)
(a) that part of the onshore that is under the administration of a federal minister,
(c) Sable Island,
(d) the submarine areas in that part — of the internal waters of Canada or the territorial sea of Canada — that is not situated
(i) in a province other than the Northwest Territories, or
(ii) in that part of the onshore that is not under the administration of a federal minister, or
(e) the continental shelf of Canada,
(2) Section 2 of the Act is amended by adding the following in alphabetical order:
« région intracôtière »
“onshore” has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Northwest Territories Act;
36. Section 101 of the Act is amended by adding the following after subsection (6):
Marginal note:Disclosure — governments and agencies
(6.1) The National Energy Board may disclose any information or documentation that it obtains under this Act or the Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act — to officials of the Government of Canada, the government of a province or a foreign government or to the representatives of any of their agencies — for the purposes of a federal, provincial or foreign law, as the case may be, that deals primarily with a petroleum-related work or activity, including the exploration for and the management, administration and exploitation of petroleum resources, if
(a) the government or agency undertakes to keep the information or documentation confidential and not to disclose it without the Board’s written consent;
(b) the information or documentation is disclosed in accordance with any conditions agreed to by the Board and the government or agency; and
(c) in the case of disclosure to a foreign government or agency, the Minister consents in writing.
Marginal note:Disclosure — Minister
(6.2) The National Energy Board may disclose to the Minister the information or documentation that it has disclosed or intends to disclose under subsection (6.1), but the Minister is not to further disclose that information or documentation unless the Board consents in writing to that disclosure or the Minister is required by an Act of Parliament to disclose that information or documentation.
(6.3) For the purposes of paragraph (6.1)(a) and subsection (6.2), the National Energy Board may consent to the further disclosure of information or documentation only if the Board itself is authorized under this section to disclose it.
37. The Act is amended by adding the following after section 117.1:
Marginal note:Northwest Territories
117.2 (1) An interest in respect of lands that straddle the onshore and the offshore — that is in effect on the coming into force of this section — is divided into two interests: one in respect of the portion of those lands that is situated in the onshore and one in respect of the portion that is situated in the offshore. Only the offshore interest is to be under the administration of a federal minister.
Marginal note:Assignment of new numbers
(2) The Registrar referred to in subsection 87(2) may assign new numbers to the interests resulting from the division of the interest.
(3) The division of the interest and assignment of new numbers is to be construed as a continuation of the interest and not as the issuance of new interests.
Definition of “offshore”
(4) In this section, “offshore” has the same meaning as in section 48.01 of the Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act.
- Date modified: