176. Section 64 of the Act is replaced by the following:
64. The provisions of this Act requiring the deposit of security for costs do not apply to appeals by or on behalf of the Crown or in election cases, in cases in the Federal Court of Appeal or the Federal Court, in criminal cases or in proceedings for or on a writ of habeas corpus.
R.S., c. T-13Trade-marks Act
Marginal note:Judgments to be filed
61. An officer of the Registry of the Federal Court shall file with the Registrar a certified copy of every judgment or order made by the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court of Canada relating to any trade-mark on the register.
R.S., c. 16 (2nd Supp.)United Nations Foreign Arbitral Awards Convention Act
178. Section 6 of the United Nations Foreign Arbitral Awards Convention Act is replaced by the following:
Marginal note:Application to court
6. For the purpose of seeking recognition and enforcement of an arbitral award pursuant to the Convention, application may be made to any superior, district or county court.
1995, c. 18Veterans Review and Appeal Board Act
Marginal note:Judge to conduct inquiry
(2) If the Minister considers it appropriate that an inquiry be held, a judge, supernumerary judge or former judge of the Federal Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal or the Federal Court, in this section and section 43 referred to as a “judge”, shall conduct the inquiry.
1994, c. 35Yukon First Nations Self-Government Act
Marginal note:Federal Court of Appeal or Federal Court
(2) Nothing in this Act shall be construed so as to limit the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Appeal or the Federal Court.
1994, c. 43Yukon Surface Rights Board Act
Marginal note:Application for judicial review
76. (1) Notwithstanding section 18 of the Federal Courts Act, the Federal Court has concurrent original jurisdiction in respect of relief referred to in paragraph 18(1)(b) of that Act, and the Attorney General of Canada, the Territorial Minister or anyone directly affected by the matter in respect of which relief is sought may make an application for judicial review to the Supreme Court of the Yukon Territory for any relief that the applicant could otherwise obtain in respect of the Board by way of an application for an order of or in the nature of mandamus, prohibition or certiorari or by way of an action for a declaration or an injunction.
Marginal note:Replacement of “Federal Court Act” with “Federal Courts Act”
(a) section 45 of the Access to Information Act;
(b) subsection 14.02(5) of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act;
(c) subsection 12(2) of the Canada Agricultural Products Act;
(d) subsections 39.34(1) and 39.35(3) of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation Act;
(e) subsections 22(1), 23(3) and 58(3) of the Canada Labour Code;
(f) the portion of subsection 84(1) of the Canada Pension Plan after paragraph (f) and paragraphs 86.1(b) and (c) of that Act;
(g) subsection 63(1), section 65 and subsection 106(10) of the Canada Petroleum Resources Act;
(h) section 46 of the Canadian Payments Association Act, as enacted by section 244 of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada Act, Chapter 9 of the Statutes of Canada, 2001;
(i) paragraph 28(c) of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act;
(j) section 16 of the Citizenship Act;
(k) subsection 31(7) of the Crown Liability and Proceedings Act;
(l) subsection 37(9) of the Cultural Property Export and Import Act;
(m) subsection 52(3) of the Emergencies Act;
(n) subsections 30(3) and 39(8) of the Employment Equity Act;
(o) sections 105 and 118 and subsection 132(3) of the Employment Insurance Act;
(p) subsection 32.4(3) of the Energy Supplies Emergency Act;
(q) subsection 311(5) of the Excise Tax Act;
(r) subsection 36(3) of the First Nations Land Management Act;
(s) subsection 46.04(3.1), subparagraph 49(1)(c)(i), subsection 82.1(1), section 82.2 and subsection 84(2) of the Immigration Act;
(t) the portion of subsection 164(4.1) of the Income Tax Act after paragraph (d) and subsection 174(4.1) of that Act;
(u) subsection 31(2) of the Indian Act;
(v) subsection 31(1) of the Labour Adjustment Benefits Act;
(w) paragraph (c) of the definition “public office holder” in subsection 2(1) of the Lobbyists Registration Act;
(x) section 32 of the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act;
(y) sections 5 and 16 of the Marine Liability Act;
(z) subsection 14(2) of the Motor Vehicle Fuel Consumption Standards Act;
(z.1) section 29.15 of the National Defence Act, as enacted by section 7 of An Act to amend the National Defence Act, chapter 35 of the Statutes of Canada, 1998;
(z.2) section 19 of the Nisga’a Final Agreement Act;
(z.3) subsections 24(2) and 27(2) of the Northern Pipeline Act;
(z.4) section 80 of the Official Languages Act;
(z.5) subsections 28(2) and (3) of the Old Age Security Act;
(z.6) section 17 and subsection 54(2) of the Patent Act;
(z.7) section 21 of the Payment Clearing and Settlement Act;
(z.8) section 44 of the Privacy Act;
(z.9) subsections 32(1), 42(4) and (6), 45.16(7) and 45.26(6) of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act;
(z.10) subsections 9(1) and 12(1), section 44, subsections 76(1), 77.01(2) and 77.011(2), (5) and (7), section 77.012, subsection 77.02(3), section 77.027, subsections 77.031(1) and (2), 77.1(2) and 77.11(2), (4) and (6), section 77.12, subsections 77.2(3), 96.1(5) and 96.11(1) and section 96.2 of the Special Import Measures Act;
(z.11) section 76 and subsections 77.012(1) and 77.12(1) of the Special Import Measures Act, as enacted by sections 36, 39 and 41 of An Act to amend the Special Import Measures Act and the Canadian International Trade Tribunal Act, chapter 12 of the Statutes of Canada, 1999; and
(z.12) subsections 21(1) and 37(3) of the Status of the Artist Act.
Marginal note:Other reference to Federal Court Act
Marginal note:General replacement
(3) Unless the context requires otherwise, the expression “Federal Court Act” is replaced by the expression “Federal Courts Act” in
(a) any regulation, as defined in section 2 of the Statutory Instruments Act; and
(b) any other instrument made
(i) in the execution of a power conferred under an Act of Parliament, or
(ii) by order or under the authority of the Governor in Council.
- Date modified: