13. (1) Where a hearing is to be held, the notice of hearing shall be provided to the parties at least five days before the day that is fixed for the hearing.
(2) Where a person who is provided with a notice of hearing fails to attend the hearing or any continuance thereof, the Board may proceed with the hearing and dispose of the matter without further notice to that person.
PART ICOMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
14. A complaint that is made under section 23 of the Act shall be filed with the Secretary in duplicate in Form 2 of the schedule.
15. The Secretary shall provide each respondent named in a complaint filed pursuant to section 14 with a copy of the complaint.
16. A respondent, no later than on the tenth day after being provided with a copy of a complaint under section 15, may reply thereto by filing with the Secretary a reply in duplicate.
17. (1) The Secretary shall provide the complainant with a copy of the reply filed by the respondent pursuant to section 16.
(2) Where the Board decides to hold a hearing, the Secretary shall provide the parties with a notice of hearing after
(a) the expiration of the time specified in section 16, where the respondent does not file a reply within that time; or
(b) the complainant has been provided with a copy of the reply, where a copy of the reply is provided pursuant to subsection (1).
PART IICERTIFICATION PROCEDURE
18. In this Part, “intervener” means an employee organization that intervenes with respect to a certification proceeding before the Board. (intervenant)
19. An application shall be filed with the Secretary in duplicate in Form 3 of the schedule.
20. Where an application is filed under section 19, the Secretary shall
(a) provide the employer named in the application with a copy of the application;
(b) fix a terminal date; and
(c) notify the parties of the terminal date.
21. (1) The Secretary shall provide the employer with as many notices of application in Form 4 of the schedule as are appropriate to the number of employees and the locations at which they are employed.
(2) An employer who has been provided with notices referred to in subsection (1) shall
(a) post the notices, immediately on receipt thereof, in conspicuous places where they are most likely to come to the attention of the employees who may be affected by the application, and keep the notices posted until after the terminal date; and
(b) after the terminal date, file with the Secretary a statement that the employer has complied with paragraph (a).
22. An employer shall, no later than on the terminal date, file with the Secretary a reply to the application in duplicate in Form 5 of the schedule.
- Date modified: