Regulations Respecting Zoning at Smithers Airport
P.C. 1981-3181 1981-11-05
His Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Transport, pursuant to section 6 of the Aeronautics Act, is pleased hereby to approve the annexed Regulations respecting zoning at Smithers Airport made by the Minister of Transport.
2. (1) In these Regulations,
“airport” means the Smithers Airport, near the town of Smithers, in the Province of British Columbia; (aéroport)
- “airport reference point”
“airport reference point” means the point described in Part I of the schedule; (point de repère de l’aéroport)
- “approach surface”
“approach surface” means an imaginary inclined plane that extends upward and outward from each end of a strip, which approach surface is more particularly described in Part III of the schedule; (surface d’approche)
“Minister” means the Minister of Transport; (ministre)
- “outer surface”
“outer surface” means an imaginary surface located above and in the immediate vicinity of the airport, which outer surface is more particularly described in Part IV of the schedule; (surface extérieure)
“strip” means the rectangular portion of the landing area of the airport including the runway prepared for the take-off and landing of aircraft in a particular direction, which strip is more particularly described in Part V of the schedule; (bande)
- “transitional surface”
“transitional surface” means an imaginary inclined plane that extends upward and outward from the lateral limits of a strip and its approach surfaces, which transitional surface is more particularly described in Part VI of the schedule. (surface de transition)
(2) For the purposes of these Regulations, the assigned elevation of the airport reference point is 519 m above sea level.
3. These Regulations apply to all the lands, including public road allowances, adjacent to or in the vicinity of the airport, that consist of
(a) the lands within, and
(b) the lands directly under that portion of an approach surface that extends beyond
the outer limits described in Part II of the schedule.
4. No person shall erect or construct on any land to which these Regulations apply, any building, structure or object or any addition to any existing building, structure or object, the highest point of which will exceed in elevation at the location of that point any
(a) approach surface;
(b) outer surface; or
(c) transitional surface.
- Date modified: