Marginal note:Deadline for intervening
26. (1) Any interested person may intervene in a proceeding in writing within 30 days after the day on which the application is posted on the Commission’s website or, if a notice of consultation is posted by the Commission on its website, within the time period set out in the notice.
Marginal note:Form and content of document
(2) The document of the interested person must
(a) state that the person wishes to be considered as an intervener in the proceeding;
(b) set out the name, address and email address of the person and any designated representative;
(c) be divided into parts and consecutively numbered paragraphs;
(d) admit or deny the facts alleged in the application;
(e) clearly state whether the person supports or opposes the application and the nature of the decision sought;
(f) contain a clear and concise statement of the relevant facts and of the grounds for the person’s support for or opposition to the application and the reasons for the decision sought;
(g) state whether the person wishes to participate in any future public hearing in person;
(h) state any reasonable accommodation required to enable the person to participate in any future public hearing;
(i) include any other information that might inform the Commission as to the nature, purpose and scope of the intervention, and be accompanied by any supporting documents;
(j) be accompanied by a list of the persons on whom the document is served and the email address of each, if any; and
(k) be served on the applicant and any other persons that the Commission directs.
Marginal note:Deadline for filing reply
27. (1) The applicant may file a reply to an answer or to the document of an intervener with the Commission within 10 days after the deadline for the filing of the answer or the deadline for intervening in the proceeding, as the case may be, or, if a notice of consultation is posted by the Commission on its website, within the time period set out in the notice.
Marginal note:Form and content of reply
(2) The reply must
(a) be restricted to the points raised in the answer or the document;
(b) admit or deny the facts alleged in the answer or the document;
(c) state the grounds of objection or opposition, if any, to points raised in the answer or the document;
(d) be accompanied by a list of the persons on whom the reply is served and the email address of each, if any; and
(e) be served on the respondents and the interveners to whom the applicant is replying and any other persons that the Commission directs.
Request for Information or Documents
Marginal note:Requirement for information and representations
28. (1) The Commission may require a party
(a) to provide information, particulars or documents that it considers necessary to enable the Commission to reach a full and satisfactory understanding of the subject matter of the proceeding; or
(b) to make written or oral representations on any matter related to the proceeding.
Marginal note:Authority to represent other person
(2) The Commission may also require the representative of a person to file with it evidence of their authority to represent the person.
- Date modified: