EXECUTION OF DOCUMENTS
22. No assistance shall be provided under the Act except under the supervision of the Director or an officer authorized to act for him and unless the veteran has executed such documents as may be required by the Act or by the Director.
23. (1) Subject to subsection (2), financial assistance for the establishment of a veteran under section 11 of the Act may be approved only in respect of land that is at least 1/2 acre in area and that, in the opinion of the Director, is suitable for part-time farming purposes.
(2) The Director, in his discretion, may waive the requirements of subsection (1) in respect of
(a) a qualified applicant who is in receipt of a disability pension of 50 per cent or more or who, in the opinion of a medical officer of the Canadian Pension Commission, has a permanent impairment of his health that may reasonably be equated with a pensionable disability of 50 per cent or more;
(b) a commercial fishing establishment;
(c) a lot of less than 1/2 acre in area forming part of lands subdivided by the Director for the establishment of veterans under Part I of the Act; and
(d) a lot that could be approved under subsection (1) except that it is smaller than 1/2 acre by not more than 20 per cent.
CANCELLATION OF APPROVAL
24. The Director may at any time review an approval for assistance and may cancel that approval for assistance at any time before the whole of the assistance has been disbursed if,
(a) in his opinion,
(i) the circumstances have altered to such an extent that, had those altered circumstances existed at the time approval for assistance was given to the veteran, that approval would not have been given, or
(ii) circumstances that existed at the time approval for assistance was given to the veteran are such that, had they been known to the Director at that time, that approval would not have been given; or
(b) the veteran informs the Director that he no longer wishes to receive such assistance.
25. Where, subsequent to the date of approval by the Director of an application for assistance by a veteran and before the contract related thereto is entered into, there is a decline in the interest rate in effect for the purpose of subsection 76(1) of the Act, the Director may cancel that approval and may approve the application at any lesser rate of interest in effect at any time between the original date of approval and the date the contract is entered into.
LIVESTOCK, FARM EQUIPMENT OR OTHER CHATTELS
26. The Director shall not sell to a veteran or make advances to a veteran for livestock, farm equipment or other chattels for which there is not a reasonable need.
27. (1) The Director shall not approve the disbursement of more public funds than $100 per tillable acre for the purchase of livestock or farm equipment for a veteran certified as qualified to participate in part-time farming.
(2) Where deletions have been allowed in a contract for the construction of a house for a veteran described in subsection (1), the Director shall not approve the disbursement of any public funds for the purchase of livestock or farm equipment for the veteran.
- Date modified: