Marginal note:Request that pension cease to be payable
9.1 (1) Any pensioner may make a request to the Minister in writing that their pension cease to be payable.
Marginal note:When pension ceases to be payable
(2) A pension shall cease to be payable on the last day of the month in which the Minister approves a request under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Request for reinstatement
(3) A pensioner whose pension has ceased to be payable under subsection (2) may make a request in writing to the Minister that their pension be reinstated.
Marginal note:When reinstatement effective
(4) A pension shall be reinstated and payment shall commence in the month following the month in which the Minister receives a request under subsection (3) or in the month chosen by the pensioner in the request, whichever is later.
- 1995, c. 33, s. 4.
Marginal note:Resumption of pension
9.2 Payment of a pension that is suspended by virtue of subsection 5(3) shall resume in respect of the month in which a pensioner is released but only after they notify the Minister in writing before or after their release.
- 2010, c. 22, s. 5.
Marginal note:Request to cancel pension
9.3 (1) A pensioner may, in the prescribed manner and within the prescribed time after payment of a pension has commenced, request cancellation of that pension.
Marginal note:Effect of cancellation
(2) If the request is granted and the amount of any pension and related supplement and allowance is repaid within the prescribed time,
(a) the application for that pension is deemed never to have been made; and
(b) the pension is deemed for the purposes of this Act not to have been payable during the period in question.
- 2012, c. 19, s. 453.
MONTHLY GUARANTEED INCOME SUPPLEMENT
10. The definitions in this section apply in this Part.
“base calendar year”
« année de référence »
“base calendar year” means the last calendar year ending before the current payment period.
“current payment period”
« période de paiement en cours »
“current payment period” means the payment period in respect of which an application for a supplement is made by an applicant.
“previous payment period”
« période de paiement précédente »
“previous payment period” means the payment period immediately before the current payment period.
- R.S., 1985, c. O-9, s. 10;
- 1998, c. 21, s. 106.
- Date modified: