Marginal note:Form of records
32. (1) Any register or record required by this Act must be prepared and maintained in a form that is capable of reproducing any required information in intelligible written form within a reasonable time, including
(a) a bound or loose-leaf form;
(b) a photographic form;
(c) a system of mechanical or electronic data processing; or
(d) any other information storage device.
(2) A cooperative and its agents and mandataries must take reasonable precautions respecting the registers and records required by this Act to
(a) prevent their loss or destruction;
(b) prevent the falsification of entries in them; and
(c) facilitate the detection and correction of inaccuracies in them.
Marginal note:Records open to directors’ inspection
(3) The records described in section 31, other than those described in paragraph 31(2)(c), must be open for inspection by the directors at any reasonable time.
Marginal note:Inspection and copying of records by members, creditors and shareholders
(4) Members, creditors and shareholders of the cooperative, their personal representatives and the Director may examine the records referred to in paragraphs 31(1)(a), (b), (c) (f) and (g) during the usual business hours of the cooperative and may take extracts from the records, free of charge, or have copies of them made after payment of a reasonable fee.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 32;
- 2001, c. 14, s. 147.
33. (1) Members, shareholders and creditors of a cooperative and their personal representatives and, where the cooperative is a distributing cooperative, any other person, may request that the cooperative provide them with a list of members or shareholders, no later than ten days after the cooperative receives the affidavit referred to in subsection (2) and after payment of a reasonable fee.
(2) A request under subsection (1) must be accompanied by an affidavit containing
(a) the name and address of the applicant; and
(b) an undertaking that the list of members or shareholders will not be used except as permitted by subsection (5).
Marginal note:Request by Director
(3) The Director may request that the cooperative provide him or her with a list of members or shareholders, no later than ten days after the cooperative receives the request and after payment of a reasonable fee.
Marginal note:Contents of list
(4) The list of members or shareholders provided under subsection (1) or (3) must set out in alphabetical order the names and addresses of the members or shareholders of the cooperative as of a date not more than ten days before the receipt of the affidavit referred to in subsection (2) or the request referred to in subsection (3).
Marginal note:Permitted uses of list
(5) A list obtained under subsection (1) must not be used by any person except in connection with
(a) an effort to influence voting at a meeting of the cooperative; and
(b) any other matter relating to the affairs of the cooperative.
Marginal note:Non-inclusion of name on request
(6) A member or shareholder may advise the cooperative in writing that their name is not to be included in a list prepared by the cooperative further to a request under subsection (1), in which case the cooperative must not include that name in the list but must mention on the list that the list is incomplete.
- 1998, c. 1, s. 33;
- 2001, c. 14, s. 148.
- Date modified: