Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
(2) Not more than one employee shall give a guarantee of isolation for a piece of electrical equipment for the same period of time.
(3) Before an employee performs work on or a live test of isolated electrical equipment, the person in charge shall receive from the guarantor
(4) A written guarantee of isolation referred to in paragraph (3)(a) shall be signed by the guarantor and by the person in charge and shall contain the following information:
(a) the date and hour when the guarantee of isolation is given to the person in charge;
(b) the date and hour when the electrical equipment will become isolated;
(c) the date and hour when the isolation will be terminated, if known;
(d) the procedures by which isolation is assured;
(e) the name of the guarantor and the person in charge; and
(f) a statement as to whether live tests are to be performed.
(5) Where a non-written guarantee of isolation referred to in paragraph (3)(b) is given, a written record thereof shall forthwith
(6) A written record referred to in subsection (5) shall contain the information referred to in subsection (4).
(7) Every written guarantee of isolation and every written record referred to in subsection (5) shall be
(a) kept by the person in charge readily available for examination by the employee performing the work or live test until the work or live test is completed;
(b) given to the employer when the work or live test is completed; and
(c) kept by the employer for a period of one year after the completion of the work or live test at his place of business nearest to the work place in which the electrical equipment is located.
- SOR/88-632, ss. 21, 22
- SOR/94-263, s. 20(F)
- SOR/96-525, s. 13
- Date modified: