PART JRestricted Drugs (continued)
Licensed Dealers (continued)
Export Permits (continued)
(a) the dealer’s licence is suspended;
(b) the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the suspension is necessary to protect public health or safety, including to prevent a restricted drug from being diverted to an illicit market or use; or
(c) the exportation would contravene the laws of the country of final destination or any country of transit or transhipment.
(2) The suspension takes effect as soon as the Minister sends the licensed dealer a notice that
Marginal note:Reinstatement of permit
(3) The Minister must reinstate the export permit if the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the suspension is no longer necessary.
(a) the licensed dealer requests the Minister to do so or informs the Minister of the loss or theft of the permit or the actual or potential unauthorized use of the permit;
(b) the licensed dealer does not carry out the corrective measures specified by the Minister under paragraph J.01.055(2)(c) by the specified date;
(c) the licensed dealer has contravened a term or condition of the permit;
(d) the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the licensed dealer submitted false or misleading information or false or falsified documents in or in support of the application for the permit;
(e) information received from a competent authority or the United Nations gives the Minister reasonable grounds to believe that the licensed dealer has been involved in the diversion of a restricted drug to an illicit market or use; or
(f) the dealer’s licence has been revoked.
(2) The Minister must not revoke an export permit for a ground set out in paragraph (1)(d) or J.01.036(1)(e) or (g) if the licensed dealer meets the following conditions, unless the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that it is necessary to do so to protect public health or safety, including to prevent a restricted drug from being diverted to an illicit market or use:
(3) Before revoking an export permit, the Minister must send the licensed dealer a notice that sets out the Minister’s reasons and gives the dealer an opportunity to be heard.
Marginal note:Return of permit
J.01.057 If an export permit is revoked, the licensed dealer must return the original of the permit to the Minister within 15 days after the effective date of the revocation.
J.01.058 A licensed dealer must include their name, as set out in their dealer’s licence, on all the means by which they identify themself in regard to their activities in relation to restricted drugs, including labels, orders, shipping documents, invoices and advertising.
Sale of Restricted Drugs
Marginal note:Sale to institution
J.01.059 (1) Despite section C.08.002 and subject to subsections (3) and (4), a licensed dealer may sell a restricted drug to an institution for one of the following purposes if the institution submits to the dealer or the Minister an application to purchase the drug and the Minister issues a prior written authorization for the sale:
Marginal note:Content of application
(2) The application must contain the following information:
(a) the name and the municipal address of the institution;
(b) the names and qualifications of the qualified investigators;
(c) the name, form, quantity and strength per unit of the restricted drug being requested;
(d) details of the proposed use of the drug; and
(e) the name and municipal address of the licensed dealer from whom the institution proposes to purchase the drug.
Marginal note:Application to licensed dealer
(3) If the institution submits the application to the licensed dealer, the dealer must provide a copy of it to the Minister.
Marginal note:Authorization by Minister
(4) After reviewing the application received from the institution or the copy of it received from the licensed dealer, the Minister may, subject to any terms and conditions that the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe are necessary, authorize in writing
(a) the sale by the licensed dealer to the institution of the restricted drug applied for in the form, quantity and strength per unit specified by the Minister; and
(b) the possession of the restricted drug by qualified investigators for clinical testing of the drug in the institution for the purpose of determining its hazards and efficacy or to conduct laboratory research with the drug in the institution.
Marginal note:Authorized use only
(5) The institution must use the restricted drug only in accordance with the written authorization.
Marginal note:Sale to Minister
J.01.060 A licensed dealer may sell or provide a restricted drug to the Minister.
Marginal note:Provision for identification or analysis
Marginal note:Agent or mandatary of practitioner of medicine
(2) An agent or mandatary of a practitioner of medicine who receives the restricted drug must immediately provide or deliver it to
Marginal note:Practitioner of medicine
(3) A practitioner of medicine who receives the restricted drug must immediately provide or deliver it
- Date modified: