PART GControlled Drugs (continued)
DIVISION 2Licensed Dealers (continued)
Dealer’s Licences (continued)
Marginal note:Deletion of term or condition
(2) The deletion takes effect as soon as the Minister sends the licensed dealer a notice to that effect.
- SOR/2004-238, s. 12
- SOR/2010-222, s. 13(F)
- SOR/2014-260, s. 7
- SOR/2019-171, s. 1
Suspension and Revocation of Licence
G.02.027 (1) The Minister must suspend a dealer’s licence without prior notice if the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that it is necessary to do so to protect public health or safety, including to prevent a controlled drug from being diverted to an illicit market or use.
(2) The suspension takes effect as soon as the Minister sends the licensed dealer a notice that
Marginal note:Reinstatement of licence
(3) The Minister must reinstate the licence if the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the suspension is no longer necessary.
(a) the licensed dealer may no longer apply for a licence under section G.02.002;
(b) the licensed dealer requests the Minister to do so or informs the Minister of the loss or theft of the licence or the actual or potential unauthorized use of the licence;
(c) the licensed dealer ceases to conduct activities at their site before the expiry of their licence;
(d) the licensed dealer does not take the corrective measures specified in an undertaking or notice;
(e) the licensed dealer has contravened
(f) during the 10 years before the day on which the licence is revoked, the senior person in charge, the qualified person in charge or any alternate qualified person in charge was convicted as specified in subparagraph G.02.005(a)(i) or (b)(i) or received a sentence as specified in subparagraph G.02.005(a)(ii) or (b)(ii);
(g) the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that the licensed dealer submitted false or misleading information or false or falsified documents in or in support of an application relating to the licence; or
(h) information received from a competent authority or the United Nations gives the Minister reasonable grounds to believe that the licensed dealer has been involved in the diversion of a controlled drug to an illicit market or use.
(2) The Minister must not revoke a dealer’s licence for a ground set out in paragraph (1)(e) or (g) if the licensed dealer meets the following conditions, unless the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe that it is necessary to do so to protect public health or safety, including to prevent a controlled drug from being diverted to an illicit market or use:
(3) Before revoking a licence, the Minister must send the licensed dealer a notice that sets out the Minister’s reasons and gives the dealer an opportunity to be heard.
Marginal note:Return of licence
G.02.029 The licensed dealer must return the original of the licence to the Minister within 15 days after the effective date of the revocation.
(a) their name, municipal address and dealer’s licence number;
(b) with respect to the controlled drug to be imported,
(c) if the controlled drug is contained in a product to be imported,
(d) the name and municipal address, in the country of export, of the exporter from whom the controlled drug is being obtained;
(e) the name of the customs office where the importation is anticipated; and
(f) each proposed mode of transportation and any proposed country of transit or transhipment.
Marginal note:Signature and attestation
(2) The application must
Marginal note:Additional information and documents
(3) The licensed dealer must, not later than the date specified in the Minister’s written request to that effect, provide the Minister with any information or document that the Minister determines is necessary to complete the review of the application.
G.02.031 Subject to section G.02.034, on completion of the review of the import permit application, the Minister must issue to the licensed dealer an import permit that contains
(a) the permit number;
(b) the information set out in subsection G.02.030(1);
(c) the effective date of the permit;
(d) the expiry date of the permit, being the earlier of
(e) any terms and conditions that the Minister has reasonable grounds to believe are necessary to
- Date modified: