Radio Regulations, 1986
8 (1) Except as otherwise provided under a condition of its licence, a licensee shall
(a) keep, in a form acceptable to the Commission, a program log or a machine readable record of the matter broadcast by the licensee;
(b) retain the log or record for a period of one year after the date when the matter was broadcast; and
(c) cause to be entered in the log or record each day the following information:
(i) the date,
(ii) the call letters, location and frequency of the licensee’s station,
(iii) the time at which each station identification announcement is made,
(iv) in relation to each program broadcast,
(A) the title and a brief description,
(B) subject to subsection (2), the number of the relevant content category,
(C) the time at which the program begins and ends,
(D) the code set out in the schedule indicating the origin of the program and where applicable the language, type or group, and
(E) if applicable, the code set out in the schedule identifying non-Canadian programming, and
(v) in relation to each commercial message, the quarter hour during which it is broadcast, its duration and the number of the relevant content subcategory.
(2) Where a program falls into more than one content category, a licensee shall cause to be entered in its program log or machine readable record the two principal content categories in descending order of their relative importance in terms of broadcast time.
(3) The times required to be entered pursuant to subparagraph (1)(c)(iii), clause (1)(c)(iv)(C) and subparagraph (1)(c)(v) are local times.
(4) A licensee shall furnish, to the Commission on request, its program log or machine readable record for any day, with a certificate by or on behalf of the licensee attesting to the accuracy of its content.
(5) A licensee shall retain a clear and intelligible tape recording or other exact copy of all matter broadcast
(a) for four weeks from the date of the broadcast; or
(b) where the Commission receives a complaint from any person regarding the matter broadcast or for any other reason wishes to investigate it and so notifies the licensee before the expiration of the period referred to in paragraph (a), for eight weeks from the date of the broadcast.
(6) Where, before the expiry of the applicable period referred to in subsection (5), the Commission requests from the licensee a clear and intelligible tape recording or other exact copy of matter broadcast, the licensee shall furnish it to the Commission forthwith.
(7) Subsections (1) to (4) do not apply to a person licensed to operate a radio network.
- SOR/88-549, s. 2
- SOR/98-597, s. 3
- SOR/2006-9, s. 1
- SOR/2008-177, s. 4
- Date modified: