Air Passenger Protection Regulations
Marginal note:Simple, clear and concise communication
5 (1) A carrier must make its terms and conditions of carriage that apply in the following circumstances available in simple, clear and concise language:
(a) flight delay, flight cancellation and denial of boarding;
(b) lost or damaged baggage; and
(c) the assignment of seats to children who are under the age of 14 years.
Marginal note:Means of communication
(2) The terms and conditions referred to in subsection (1) must be made available on all digital platforms that the carrier uses to sell tickets and on all documents on which the passenger’s itinerary appears.
Marginal note:Information on treatment, compensation and recourse
(3) A carrier must provide information on the treatment of passengers and minimum compensation owed by the carrier and the recourse against the carrier available to passengers, including their recourse to the Agency, in simple, clear and concise language on all digital platforms that it uses to sell tickets and on all documents on which the passenger’s itinerary appears.
(4) For the purpose of subsections (2) and (3), a digital platform or a document that contains a hyperlink is considered to contain the information that is contained on the web page to which that hyperlink leads.
(5) The following notice must be made available on all digital platforms that the carrier uses to sell tickets and on all documents on which the passenger’s itinerary appears:
“If you are denied boarding or your baggage is lost or damaged, you may be entitled to certain standards of treatment and compensation under the Air Passenger Protection Regulations. For more information about your passenger rights please contact your air carrier or visit the Canadian Transportation Agency’s website.
Si l’embarquement vous est refusé ou si vos bagages sont perdus ou endommagés, vous pourriez avoir droit au titre du Règlement sur la protection des passagers aériens, à certains avantages au titre des normes de traitement applicables et à une indemnité. Pour de plus amples renseignements sur vos droits, veuillez communiquer avec votre transporteur aérien ou visiter le site Web de l’Office des transports du Canada.”
Marginal note:Persons with disabilities
(6) If the information referred to in subsection (1) or (3) or the notice set out in subsection (5) is provided in a digital format, that format must be compatible with adaptive technologies intended to assist persons with disabilities and if that information or notice is provided in a paper format, the carrier must, on request, provide it in large print, Braille or a digital format.
- Date modified: