Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations
Marginal note:Delivery of notice
7 (1) The person that proposes to export, import or convey in transit a hazardous waste or hazardous recyclable material must submit a notice to the Minister in writing within 12 months before the export, import or transit.
Marginal note:Separate notices
(2) In the case of an export or import, the notice must not include both hazardous waste and hazardous recyclable material.
Marginal note:Notice for multiple hazardous wastes or hazardous recyclable materials
(3) The notice may provide for more than one hazardous waste or more than one hazardous recyclable material, as the case may be, if they
(a) are to be shipped
(b) are to be reported to the same customs office;
(c) originate from the same person and the same facility; and
(d) in the case of an export or import, have essentially the same physical and chemical characteristics.
(4) In the case of an export or a transit where the French or English language is not acceptable to the authorities of the country of import or transit, the person who submits the notice must submit it in the French or English language and in a language used by those authorities.
Marginal note:Application for permit
(5) The notice shall serve as an application for a permit.
Marginal note:New notice
(6) A person must submit a new notice to the Minister if there is a change to any of the information contained in the permit, except that the person who submitted the notice may advise the Minister in writing of a change to quantity of hazardous waste or hazardous recyclable material or the number of shipments, or may add authorized carriers, ports of exit or entry or customs offices.
- Date modified: