Income Tax Regulations
209 (1) A person who is required by section 200, 201, 202, 204, 212, 214, 215, 217 or 218, subsection 223(2) or section 228, 229, 230, 232, 233 or 234 to make an information return shall forward to each taxpayer to whom the return relates two copies of the portion of the return that relates to that taxpayer.
(2) The copies referred to in subsection (1) shall be sent to the taxpayer at his last known address or delivered to him in person, on or before the date the return is required to be filed with the Minister.
(3) A person may send a document, as required under subsection (1), in an electronic format if the person has received the express consent of the taxpayer, and in that case, the person shall send a single copy to the taxpayer, on or before the date on which the return referred to in subsection (1) is to be filed with the Minister.
(4) In subsection (3), express consent means consent given in writing or in an electronic format.
- [NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text
- see relevant amending Acts and regulations.]
- SOR/85-160, s. 1
- SOR/87-512, s. 1
- SOR/89-519, s. 1
- SOR/92-455, s. 1
- SOR/93-527, s. 3
- SOR/2003-5, s. 4
- 2009, c. 2, s. 85
- SOR/2010-93, s. 3
- Date modified: