Migratory Birds Regulations
(2) Subject to subsection (8), no person shall hunt murres unless the person is a resident of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, holds a migratory game bird hunting permit and is hunting murres for human consumption.
(3) No person shall hunt a migratory game bird unless he is the holder of a migratory game bird hunting permit.
(4) Subject to section 23.1, no person shall in any area described in Schedule I hunt a species of migratory bird except during an open season specified in that Schedule for that area and that species.
(5) [Repealed, SOR/79-544, s. 2]
(6) Notwithstanding subsection (3),
(a) an Indian or Inuk may, in any area in Canada, and
(b) a resident of the Northwest Territories who is a holder of a general hunting licence issued under the Wildlife Act of the Northwest Territories may, within the Northwest Territories,
hunt migratory game birds without a migratory game bird hunting permit.
(6.1) [Repealed, SOR/80-577, s. 3]
(7) Subsection (4) does not apply to the holder of a permit issued pursuant to section 19.
(8) Notwithstanding subsection (4) but subject to subsection (9), an Indian or Inuk may at any time, without a permit, take auks, auklets, guillemots, murres, puffins and scoters and their eggs for human food and clothing.
(9) No person shall hunt in a migratory bird sanctuary except
(10) Subsections 5(1) and (3) do not apply to an Indian or Inuk.
(11) Despite subsections (1) and (3), a minor may hunt the migratory birds referred to in column 2 or column II, as the case may be, of Table I of any Part of Schedule I without a permit only during the days that are set out in that column, referred to in Table I as “Waterfowler Heritage Days”, if the person
(12) The permit holder referred to in paragraph (11)(b) must not, during the days referred to in subsection (11),
- SOR/78-490, s. 2
- SOR/79-544, s. 2
- SOR/80-577, s. 3
- SOR/81-641, s. 1(F)
- SOR/82-703, s. 3
- SOR/94-684, s. 5
- SOR/99-147, s. 2
- SOR/2000-331, s. 1
- SOR/2000-347, s. 2
- SOR/2001-234, s. 1
- SOR/2005-186, s. 3(E)
- SOR/2009-190, s. 1
- SOR/2013-126, s. 1
- Date modified: