Migratory Birds Regulations
(a) except with a long bow and arrow or with a shotgun not larger than number 10 gauge;
(b) by the use or aid of live birds, including non-migratory birds;
(c) by the use or aid of recorded bird calls, except as permitted in any part of Schedule I;
(d) with a shotgun of any description capable of holding more than three shells unless the capacity of the gun has been reduced to three shells in the magazine and chamber combined, by means of the cutting off or the altering or plugging of the magazine with a one-piece metal, plastic or wood filler that cannot be removed unless the gun is disassembled; or
(e) from any aircraft, sailboat, power boat, or motorized vehicle, or any vehicle to which a draught animal is attached.
(1.1) Notwithstanding subsection 2(3) and paragraph (1)(e), a person referred to in subsection 5(2) may hunt murres from a power boat.
(2) No person shall, while hunting migratory birds, have with him for his own use more than one shotgun at any one time unless each shotgun in excess of one is unloaded and disassembled or unloaded and cased.
(3) Subject to subsections (4) and (5), no person shall hunt a migratory bird by the use of a rifle or a shotgun loaded with a single bullet.
(4) A resident of the Northwest Territories who is not required to hold a migratory game bird hunting permit may, within the Northwest Territories, hunt a migratory bird by the use of
(5) A resident of the Province of Quebec who is not required to hold a migratory game bird hunting permit may, within that portion of the Province lying north of the 50th parallel of north latitude, hunt a migratory bird by the use of
(6) Notwithstanding paragraph (1)(a), migratory game birds may be hunted with the aid of raptors in any area of a province that is designated by the province as an area in which persons may hunt with the aid of raptors.
(7) [Repealed, SOR/99-147, s. 4]
- SOR/79-544, s. 7
- SOR/82-703, s. 5
- SOR/85-694, s. 4
- SOR/93-431, s. 3
- SOR/98-527, s. 1
- SOR/99-147, s. 4
- SOR/2000-331, ss. 2, 3
- SOR/2002-80, s. 1
- SOR/2008-217, s. 1
- Date modified: