3 Any provision of these Regulations that applies to a province, or any part of a province, applies to Canadian waters adjacent to that province or part of that province.
- SOR/2005-198, s. 1
(2) Every person who applies for a permit described in Schedule II shall
(3) Any person who applies for a permit shall, if requested by the Minister, furnish such information in respect of the purpose for which the permit is to be used as the Minister may require.
(4) No permit is valid
(a) if it is not properly completed;
(b) if it is not signed by the person to whom it is issued;
(c) if it is used by a person other than the person to whom it was issued; or
(d) in the case of a migratory game bird hunting permit, unless it has affixed to it, in the space provided therefor, the habitat conservation stamp
(5) The holder of a permit shall comply with every condition set out in the permit.
(6) Every person required to hold a migratory game bird hunting permit shall
(7) The Minister may
(7.1) The cancellation, amendment or suspension of a permit pursuant to paragraph (7)(c) is made by a written notice sent to the permit holder and giving the reasons therefor.
(7.2) A permit that has been cancelled, amended or suspended pursuant to paragraph (7)(c) shall be reissued or revalidated and returned forthwith to the person to whom it was issued
(8) Every permit, other than a migratory game bird hunting permit, expires on the expiry date set out in the permit or, where a permit does not contain an expiry date, on December 31st of the year in which it was issued.
(9) A migratory game bird hunting permit is in effect
(a) for the purposes of hunting migratory birds in accordance with subsection 5(4), until March 10th next following the day it was issued; and
(b) for the purposes of killing migratory game birds in accordance with section 23.1, until July 31 of the calendar year in which the date referred to in paragraph (a) occurs.
(10) Every permit holder who is required by these Regulations to make a report to the Minister shall, except as otherwise provided therein, make that report within 30 days of the day the permit expires.
(11) The holder of a scientific permit or a special permit shall
(12) and (13) [Repealed, SOR/81-423, s. 1]
- SOR/78-490, s. 1
- SOR/79-544, s. 1
- SOR/80-577, s. 2
- SOR/81-423, s. 1
- SOR/82-703, s. 2
- SOR/85-694, s. 2
- SOR/86-534, s. 2
- SOR/86-535, s. 1
- SOR/2000-88, s. 2
- SOR/2003-84, s. 1
- SOR/2005-186, s. 2
(2) Subject to subsection (8), no person shall hunt murres unless the person is a resident of the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, holds a migratory game bird hunting permit and is hunting murres for human consumption.
(3) No person shall hunt a migratory game bird unless he is the holder of a migratory game bird hunting permit.
(4) Subject to section 23.1, no person shall in any area described in Schedule I hunt a species of migratory bird except during an open season specified in that Schedule for that area and that species.
(5) [Repealed, SOR/79-544, s. 2]
(6) Notwithstanding subsection (3),
(a) an Indian or Inuk may, in any area in Canada, and
(b) a resident of the Northwest Territories who is a holder of a general hunting licence issued under the Wildlife Act of the Northwest Territories may, within the Northwest Territories,
hunt migratory game birds without a migratory game bird hunting permit.
(6.1) [Repealed, SOR/80-577, s. 3]
(7) Subsection (4) does not apply to the holder of a permit issued pursuant to section 19.
(8) Notwithstanding subsection (4) but subject to subsection (9), an Indian or Inuk may at any time, without a permit, take auks, auklets, guillemots, murres, puffins and scoters and their eggs for human food and clothing.
(9) No person shall hunt in a migratory bird sanctuary except
(10) Subsections 5(1) and (3) do not apply to an Indian or Inuk.
(11) Despite subsections (1) and (3), a minor may hunt the migratory birds referred to in column 2 of Table I of any of Parts I to X of Schedule I, or of Table II of Part I of Schedule I, without a permit during the Waterfowler Heritage Days that are set out in that column if the person
(12) The permit holder referred to in paragraph (11)(b) must not, during the days referred to in subsection (11),
- SOR/78-490, s. 2
- SOR/79-544, s. 2
- SOR/80-577, s. 3
- SOR/81-641, s. 1(F)
- SOR/82-703, s. 3
- SOR/94-684, s. 5
- SOR/99-147, s. 2
- SOR/2000-331, s. 1
- SOR/2000-347, s. 2
- SOR/2001-234, s. 1
- SOR/2005-186, s. 3(E)
- SOR/2009-190, s. 1
- SOR/2013-126, s. 1
- SOR/2016-126, s. 2
- Date modified: