Trust and Loan Companies Act
Marginal note:Place of records
Marginal note:Notice of place of records
(2) Where any of the records described in section 243 are not kept at the head office of a company, the company shall notify the Superintendent of the place where the records are kept.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of records of a branch of the company outside Canada or in respect of customers of such a branch.
(4) The records described in section 243, other than those described in paragraph 243(2)(d), shall at all reasonable times be open to inspection by the directors.
Marginal note:Access to company records
(5) Shareholders and creditors of a company and their personal representatives may examine the records referred to in subsection 243(1) during the usual business hours of the company, and may take extracts therefrom, free of charge, or have copies made thereof on payment of a reasonable fee and, where the company is a distributing company within the meaning of subsection 270(1), any other person may, on payment of a reasonable fee, examine such records and take extracts therefrom or copies thereof.
Marginal note:Electronic access
(5.1) A company may make the information contained in records referred to in subsection 243(1) available to persons by any system of mechanical or electronic data processing or any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing the records in intelligible written form within a reasonable time.
Marginal note:Copies of by-laws
(6) Every shareholder of a company is entitled, on request made not more frequently than once in each calendar year, to receive, free of charge, one copy of the by-laws of the company.
- 1991, c. 45, s. 244
- 2001, c. 9, s. 511
- Date modified: