63 (1) There shall be a Registrar of Trademarks, who shall be the Commissioner of Patents appointed under subsection 4(1) of the Patent Act. The Registrar shall be responsible to the Deputy Minister of Industry.
Marginal note:Acting registrar
(2) When the Registrar is absent or unable to act or when the office of Registrar is vacant, his powers shall be exercised and his duties and functions performed in the capacity of acting registrar by such other officer as may be designated by the Minister of Industry.
(3) The Registrar may, after consultation with the Minister, delegate to any person he deems qualified any of his powers, duties and functions under this Act, except the power to delegate under this subsection.
(4) Any decision under this Act of a person authorized to make the decision pursuant to subsection (3) may be appealed in the like manner and subject to the like conditions as a decision of the Registrar under this Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. T-13, s. 63
- 1992, c. 1, s. 145(F)
- 1995, c. 1, s. 62
- 2014, c. 20, ss. 361(E), 370
- Date modified: