Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Reference to Committee
45.15 (1) Before the Commissioner considers an appeal under section 45.14, the Commissioner shall refer the case to the Committee.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of an appeal if each allegation that is subject of the appeal was found by the adjudication board to have been established and only one or more of the informal disciplinary actions referred to in paragraphs 41(1)(a) to (g) have been taken by the board in consequence of the finding.
Marginal note:Request by member
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the member whose case is appealed to the Commissioner may request the Commissioner not to refer the case to the Committee and, on such a request, the Commissioner may either not refer the case to the Committee or, if the Commissioner considers that a reference to the Committee is appropriate notwithstanding the request, refer the case to the Committee.
Marginal note:Material to be furnished to Committee
(4) Where the Commissioner refers a case to the Committee pursuant to this section, the Commissioner shall furnish the Committee Chairman with the materials referred to in paragraphs 45.16(1)(a) to (c).
Marginal note:Applicable provisions
(5) Sections 34 and 35 apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, with respect to a case referred to the Committee pursuant to this section as though the case were a grievance referred to the Committee pursuant to section 33.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- Date modified: