Pest Control Products Act
Marginal note:Registration or amendment
8 (1) If the Minister considers that the health and environmental risks and the value of the pest control product are acceptable after any required evaluations and consultations have been completed, the Minister shall register the product or amend its registration in accordance with the regulations, if any, by
(a) specifying the conditions relating to its manufacture, handling, storage, transport, import, export, packaging, distribution, use or disposal, including conditions relating to its composition and, subject to subsection (2), its label;
(b) assigning a registration number to the product in the case of a new registration and, where the Minister considers it appropriate, in the case of an amendment; and
(c) specifying the period for which the registration or amended registration is valid, which period may be either finite or indefinite.
Marginal note:Conditions relating to label
(2) The Minister may specify conditions relating to the label of a pest control product, otherwise than in accordance with the regulations, if the Minister is satisfied that the purposes of this Act can be met by so doing.
Marginal note:Provision of safety information to workplaces
(3) Without limiting the generality of paragraph (1)(a), the Minister shall specify, as a condition of registration, the requirement for product safety information, including a material safety data sheet for the product, to be provided to workplaces where the pest control product is used or manufactured, in accordance with the regulations made under paragraph 67(1)(s).
Marginal note:Denial of application
(4) The Minister shall deny an application referred to in subsection 7(1) if the Minister does not consider that the health or environmental risks of a pest control product are, or its value is, acceptable.
Marginal note:Sales data
(5) A registrant of a pest control product shall, as a condition of registration, record, retain and report to the Minister information on sales of the product in the form and manner directed by the Minister and in accordance with the regulations made under paragraph 67(1)(u).
Marginal note:Former registrants
(6) The obligation under subsection (5) to retain and report sales information in respect of a pest control product continues to apply to a former registrant after that product ceases to be registered.
- Date modified: