Pest Control Products Act
Marginal note:Method of delivery
62 (1) Notices or other documents required or authorized to be delivered under this Act may be delivered by certified or registered mail or any other method that provides proof of delivery.
Marginal note:Representative in Canada
(2) An applicant for registration of a pest control product or a registrant, who does not reside in Canada, shall
(a) designate a representative who resides in Canada to whom correspondence and any notices or documents referred to in subsection (1) can be sent; and
(b) inform the Minister in writing of the designation.
(3) Any correspondence, notices or documents received by the representative designated under subsection (2) are deemed to have been received by the applicant or registrant who designated the representative.
Marginal note:Requirement to communicate through designated representative
(4) The Minister may require an applicant or registrant referred to in subsection (2) to conduct any communications with the Minister through the designated representative of the applicant or registrant.
Marginal note:Refusal of communications
(5) Despite any other provision of this Act, the Minister may refuse to receive or act on any communication that is not made in compliance with a requirement made by the Minister under subsection (4).
Marginal note:Statutory Instruments Act does not apply
(6) For greater certainty, the Statutory Instruments Act does not apply in respect of notices or other documents delivered under this Act.
- Date modified: