Pest Control Products Act
42 (1) The Minister shall establish and maintain a Register of Pest Control Products in accordance with the regulations, if any, that contains information about pest control products, including information about applications, registrations, re-evaluations and special reviews.
Marginal note:Contents of Register
(2) The Register shall contain the following information:
(a) for each application to register or amend the registration of a pest control product,
(b) the conditions of registration, registration number and registration validity period for each registered pest control product;
(c) information, in respect of each registered pest control product, that is provided by applicants and registrants
(d) information provided by applicants and registrants that is used to specify maximum residue limits;
(e) information, in respect of each registered pest control product, that is considered by the Minister under paragraphs 7(6)(b) and 19(1)(c);
(f) any reports of the evaluation of the health and environmental risks and the value of registered pest control products prepared by the Minister;
(h) the status, including cancelled status, of all registrations to which this Act applies;
(i) information provided to the Minister pursuant to subsection 8(5);
(j) notices delivered under subsections 12(1), 16(3) and 18(1) and paragraph 19(1)(a);
(k) conclusions of the Minister that were made public under section 15;
(l) consultation statements and decision statements made public under subsections 28(2) and (5), respectively;
(m) notices of objection filed under subsections 35(1) and (2), public notices given under subsection 35(4) and the Minister’s decisions and reasons under subsections 35(5) and 39(2);
(n) authorizations under sections 33 and 41 and amendments and cancellations under sections 34 and 41; and
(o) any other information required by this Act or the regulations to be included in the Register.
Marginal note:Evaluation reports
(3) An evaluation report referred to in paragraph (2)(f) shall contain a summary of the information considered and shall contain any confidential test data and confidential business information that the Minister considers appropriate.
Marginal note:Public access to information in the Register
(4) The Minister shall allow the public to have access to, and copies of, any information in the Register that
Marginal note:Access to evaluation reports
(5) The Minister shall allow the public to obtain a copy of any evaluation report in the Register, except for any confidential business information that it contains.
Marginal note:Means of access to information in Register
(6) Information in the Register that the public may obtain a copy of under this Act or the regulations shall be made available to the public in as convenient a manner as practicable.
Marginal note:Electronic public registry
(7) The Minister shall establish an electronic public registry, which shall include
(a) the information referred to in subsection (6), as soon as reasonably practicable;
(b) memoranda of understanding among federal government departments relating to the regulation of pest control products;
(c) reports of international harmonization activities relating to the regulation of pest control products;
(e) policies, guidelines and codes of practice relating to the regulation of pest control products when proposed for public consultation, and their final texts when adopted.
- Date modified: