Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act
5.12 (1) No authorization under paragraph 5(1)(b) shall be issued with respect to any prescribed equipment or installation, or any equipment or installation of a prescribed class, unless the National Energy Board has received, from the applicant for the authorization, a certificate issued by a certifying authority in the form fixed by the National Energy Board.
Marginal note:Continuing obligation
(2) The holder of an authorization shall ensure that the certificate referred to in subsection (1) remains in force for so long as the equipment or installation to which the certificate relates is used in the work or activity in respect of which the authorization is issued.
Marginal note:Contents of certificate
(3) A certificate referred to in subsection (1) shall state that the equipment or installation in question
(a) is fit for the purposes for which it is to be used and may be operated safely without posing a threat to persons or to the environment in the location and for the time set out in the certificate; and
(b) is in conformity with all of the requirements and conditions that are imposed for the purposes of this section by subsection 5(4), whether they are imposed by regulation or by the National Energy Board.
Marginal note:Validity of certificate
(4) A certificate referred to in subsection (1) is not valid if the certifying authority
(a) has not complied with any prescribed procedure or any procedure that the National Energy Board may establish; or
(b) is a person or an organization that has participated in the design, construction or installation of the equipment or installation in respect of which the certificate is issued, to any extent greater than that prescribed.
(5) An applicant shall permit the certifying authority to have access to the equipment and installation in respect of which the certificate is required and to any information that relates to them.
Marginal note:Definition of “certifying authority”
(6) For the purposes of this section, certifying authority has the meaning assigned by the regulations.
(7) The National Energy Board or any delegate of the National Energy Board is not liable to any person by reason only of having issued an authorization in reliance on a certificate issued under this section.
- 1992, c. 35, s. 10
- 1994, c. 10, s. 15
- Date modified: