Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act
Marginal note:Licences and authorizations
5 (1) The National Energy Board may, on application made in the form and containing the information fixed by the National Energy Board, and made in the prescribed manner, issue
(a) an operating licence; and
(b) an authorization with respect to each work or activity proposed to be carried on.
Marginal note:Term and renewals
(2) An operating licence expires on the thirty-first day of March immediately after the day on which it is issued and may be renewed for successive periods not exceeding one year each.
Marginal note:Requirements for operating licence
(3) An operating licence is subject to any requirements that are determined by the National Energy Board or that are prescribed and to any deposits that are prescribed.
Marginal note:Requirements for authorization
(4) An authorization shall be subject to such approvals as the National Energy Board determines or as may be granted in accordance with the regulations and such requirements and deposits as the National Energy Board determines or as may be prescribed, including
(a) requirements relating to liability for loss, damage, costs or expenses;
(b) requirements for the carrying out of environmental programs or studies; and
(c) requirements for the payment of expenses incurred by the National Energy Board in approving the design, construction and operation of production facilities and production platforms as those terms are defined in the regulations.
Marginal note:Suspension or revocation
(5) The National Energy Board may suspend or revoke an operating licence or an authorization for failure to comply with, contravention of or default in respect of
(a) a requirement, approval or deposit subject to which the licence or authorization was issued;
(a.1) a fee or charge payable in accordance with regulations made under section 4.2;
(b) a requirement undertaken in a declaration referred to in subsection 5.11(1) or (2);
(c) subsection 5.11(3), 5.12(2), 26.1(4) or (5) or 27(1.1), (1.2) or (5); or
(d) any applicable regulation.
(6) The terms of an operating licence or authorization may be varied under section 28.3 of the National Energy Board Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. O-7, s. 5
- R.S., 1985, c. 36 (2nd Supp.), s. 120
- 1992, c. 35, s. 8
- 1994, c. 10, ss. 3, 15
- 2015, c. 4, s. 6
- Date modified: