Marginal note:Enforcement officers
39 (1) The Minister may designate any person or class of persons to act as enforcement officers for the purposes of this Act and the regulations.
Marginal note:Designation of provincial government employees
(2) The Minister may not designate any person or class of persons employed by the government of a province unless that government agrees.
Marginal note:Certificate of designation
(3) Every enforcement officer must be provided with a certificate of designation as an enforcement officer in a form approved by the Minister and, on entering any place under this Act, the officer shall, if so requested, show the certificate to the occupant or person in charge of the place.
Marginal note:Powers of peace officers
(4) For the purposes of this Act and the regulations, enforcement officers have all the powers of a peace officer, but the Minister may specify limits on those powers when designating any person or class of persons.
Marginal note:Exemptions for law enforcement activities
(5) For the purpose of investigations and other law enforcement activities under this Act, the Minister may, on any terms and conditions the Minister considers necessary, exempt enforcement officers who are carrying out duties or functions under this Act, and persons acting under their direction and control, from the application of any provision of this Act or the regulations.
(6) When an enforcement officer is carrying out duties or functions under this Act or the regulations, no person shall
(a) knowingly make any false or misleading statement either orally or in writing to the enforcement officer; or
(b) otherwise wilfully obstruct the enforcement officer.
- Date modified: