National Defence Act
Marginal note:Right to grieve
29 (1) An officer or non-commissioned member who has been aggrieved by any decision, act or omission in the administration of the affairs of the Canadian Forces for which no other process for redress is provided under this Act is entitled to submit a grievance.
(2) There is no right to grieve in respect of
Marginal note:Military judges
(2.1) A military judge may not submit a grievance in respect of a matter that is related to the exercise of his or her judicial duties.
Marginal note:Manner and conditions
(3) A grievance must be submitted in the manner and in accordance with the conditions prescribed in regulations made by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:No penalty for grievance
(4) An officer or non-commissioned member may not be penalized for exercising the right to submit a grievance.
Marginal note:Correction of error
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (4), any error discovered as a result of an investigation of a grievance may be corrected, even if correction of the error would have an adverse effect on the officer or non-commissioned member.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-5, s. 29
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s. 43
- 1998, c. 35, s. 7
- 2013, c. 24, s. 5
- Date modified: