Canada Labour Code
Marginal note:Rejection of complaint
(a) if the inspector is satisfied
(i) that the complaint is not within their jurisdiction,
(ii) that the complaint is frivolous, vexatious or not made in good faith,
(iii) that the complaint has been settled between the employer and the employee,
(iv) that there are other means available to the employee to resolve the subject-matter of the complaint that the inspector considers should be pursued,
(v) that the subject-matter of the complaint has been adequately dealt with through recourse obtained before a court, tribunal, arbitrator or adjudicator,
(vi) that in respect of a complaint other than a complaint of non-payment of wages or other amounts to which the employee is entitled under this Part, there is insufficient evidence to substantiate the complaint, or
(vii) that in respect of a complaint made by an employee who is subject to a collective agreement, the collective agreement covers the subject-matter of the complaint and provides a third party dispute resolution process; or
(b) if consideration of the complaint was suspended under subsection 251.02(1) and if, in the inspector’s opinion, the other measures specified in the notice under subsection 251.02(2) were not taken within the specified time period.
Marginal note:Notice of rejection of complaint
(2) If a complaint has been rejected, the inspector shall notify the employee in writing, with reasons.
Marginal note:Request for review
(3) The employee may, within 15 days after the day on which the employee is notified of the rejection, request in writing, with reasons, that the Minister review the inspector’s decision.
(4) The Minister may confirm the inspector’s decision, or rescind it and direct an inspector to deal with the complaint.
Marginal note:Notice of Minister’s decision
(5) The Minister shall notify the employee in writing of the Minister’s decision.
Marginal note:Review is final
(6) The Minister’s confirmation or rescission is final and conclusive and is not subject to appeal to or review by any court.
- 2012, c. 31, s. 223
- 2017, c. 26, s. 16
- Date modified: