Insurance Companies Act
Marginal note:Place of records
870 (1) The records described in section 869 shall be kept at the head office of the insurance holding company or at such other place in Canada as the directors think fit.
Marginal note:Notice of place of records
(2) Where any of the records described in section 869 are not kept at the head office of an insurance holding company, the insurance holding company shall notify the Superintendent of the place where the records are kept.
(3) The records described in section 869 shall at all reasonable times be open to inspection by the directors.
Marginal note:Access to insurance holding company records
(4) Shareholders and creditors of an insurance holding company and their personal representatives may examine the records referred to in subsection 869(1) during the usual business hours of the insurance holding company, and may take extracts therefrom, free of charge, or have copies made thereof on payment of a reasonable fee and, where the insurance holding company is a distributing insurance holding company within the meaning of subsection 288(1), any other person may, on payment of a reasonable fee, examine such records and take extracts therefrom or copies thereof.
Marginal note:Copies of by-laws for shareholders
(5) Every shareholder of an insurance holding company is entitled, on request made not more often than once in each calendar year, to receive free of charge one copy of the by-laws of the insurance holding company.
Marginal note:Electronic access
(6) An insurance holding company may make the information contained in records referred to in subsection 869(1) available to persons by any system of mechanical or electronic data processing or any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing the records in intelligible written form within a reasonable time.
- 2001, c. 9, s. 465
- Date modified: