Federal Courts Act
Marginal note:Application of process
55 (1) The process of the Court runs throughout Canada and any other place to which legislation enacted by Parliament has been made applicable.
Marginal note:Enforcement of order for payment of money
(2) An order for payment of money, whether for costs or otherwise, may be enforced in the same manner as a judgment.
Marginal note:No attachment for non-payment only
(3) No attachment as for contempt shall issue for the non-payment of money alone.
Marginal note:Sheriff to execute process
(4) A sheriff or marshal shall execute the process of the Court that is directed to him, whether or not it requires him to act outside his geographical jurisdiction, and shall perform such other duties as may be expressly or impliedly assigned to him by the Rules.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity of sheriff
(5) In any case where there is no sheriff or marshal or a sheriff or marshal is unable or unwilling to act, the process of the Court shall be directed to a deputy sheriff or deputy marshal, or to such other person as may be provided by the Rules or by a special order of the Court made for a particular case, and any such person is entitled to take and retain for his own use such fees as may be provided by the Rules or the special order.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-7, s. 55
- 1996, c. 31, s. 84
- Date modified: