Canada Elections Act
Marginal note:Ballot printed in Form 3
116 (1) The returning officer shall, as soon as possible after 2:00 p.m. on the 19th day before polling day, authorize the printing of a sufficient number of ballots in Form 3 of Schedule 1.
Marginal note:Form of ballot
(2) Ballots shall have a counterfoil and a stub, with a line of perforations between the ballot and the counterfoil and between the counterfoil and the stub.
Marginal note:Numbering of ballots
(3) The ballots shall be numbered on the back of the stub and the counterfoil, and the same number shall be printed on the stub as on the counterfoil.
Marginal note:Books of ballots
(4) Ballots shall be in books containing an appropriate number of ballots.
Marginal note:Obligation re: ballots, ballot paper
(5) Each printer shall return all of the ballots and all of the unused paper on which the ballots were to have been printed, to the returning officer.
Marginal note:Printer’s name and affidavit
(6) Ballots shall bear the name of the printer who, on delivering them to the returning officer, shall include an affidavit in the prescribed form that sets out a description of the ballots, the number of ballots delivered to the returning officer and the fact that all ballots were provided, and all paper returned, as required by subsection (5).
- 2000, c. 9, s. 116
- 2018, c. 31, s. 79(F)
- Date modified: