Excise Tax Act
Marginal note:Determination of fiscal months
78 (1) The fiscal months of a person shall be determined in accordance with the following rules:
(a) if fiscal months of the person have been determined under subsection 243(2) or (4) for the purposes of Part IX, each of those fiscal months is a fiscal month of the person for the purposes of this Act;
(b) if fiscal months of the person have not been determined under subsection 243(2) or (4) for the purposes of Part IX, the person may select for the purposes of this Act fiscal months that meet the requirements set out in subsection 243(2); and
(c) if neither paragraph (a) nor paragraph (b) applies, each calendar month is a fiscal month of the person for the purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:Notification of Minister
(2) Every person who is required to file a return shall notify the Minister of their fiscal months in the prescribed form and manner.
- [NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text
- see relevant amending Acts and regulations.]
- R.S., 1985, c. E-15, s. 78
- R.S., 1985, c. 15 (1st Supp.), s. 26, c. 7 (2nd Supp.), s. 35, c. 12 (4th Supp.), s. 31
- 2001, c. 16, s. 32
- 2002, c. 22, s. 382
- 2003, c. 15, ss. 100, 130
- Date modified: