Canada Petroleum Resources Act
Marginal note:Establishment of Board
Marginal note:Appointment of members
(2) Subject to the regulations, members of the Board are to be appointed jointly by both Ministers and shall hold office during pleasure.
Marginal note:Selection of members from public service and industry
(3) Members of the Board are to be selected for appointment pursuant to subsection (2) from the public service of Canada or of any province or from among persons nominated by interest owners.
(4) No person may be appointed pursuant to subsection (2) unless that person appears to have specialized technical knowledge or expertise relevant to the purpose of the Fund.
(5) Notwithstanding subsections (2) to (4), each Minister may appoint from the public one member to the Board.
Marginal note:Chairman of the Board
(6) The chairman of the Board is to be appointed jointly by both Ministers from among the members of the Board.
(7) Each member of the Board shall be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by the member in the exercise of the powers and the performance of the duties and functions of the Board under this Part.
- Date modified: